Pikachu has electricity-storing pouches on his cheeks. These appear to become electrically charged during the night while Pikachu sleeps. He occasionally discharges electricity when he is dozy after waking up.
Whenever Pikachu comes across something new, he blasts it with a jolt of electricity. If you come across a blackened berry, it's evidence that Pikachu mistook the intensity of his charge.
Over the years, Pikachu has become so popular that he serves as the Pokémon franchise mascot. He is the Version Mascot for the game Pokémon Yellow. He is also well known from the anime, where Ash Ketchum, the protagonist, owns a Pikachu. Pikachu evolves from Pichu when leveled up with high friendship and evolves into Raichu when exposed to a Thunder Stone. When in Alola, he evolves into his Alolan form.
Legends of the Multi-Universe (Menslady's Story)
When Emperor X infected Ash with a malevolent spell which turned him evil, little Pikachu was devastated. Even though the Children of the Autobots loved him dearly as if he was their own, Pikachu was still heartbroken about Ash.
Fortunately, when Emperor X abandoned his evil ways, he chose to free Ash from the evil spell he had used to corrupt him. Ash tried to apologize to Pikachu, but Emperor X said that he was the one who needed to apologize. This he did, and Pikachu chose to put the past behind.
Now that he's reunited with Ash and not hurt by loss, Pikachu feels he can do a better job of protecting the Angels of Disney.
- Thundershock - summons a wave of strong lightning that has a small chance of paralyzing an opponent
- Thunderbolt - summons a very strong wave of lightning that does more damage than Thundershock and has a small chance of paralyzing an opponent
- Thunder Wave - summons a wave of electrical energy that can paralyze an opponent
- Thunder - summons a group of very strong lightning bolts that have a little chance of paralyzing an opponent
- Zap Cannon - summons a super strong wave of lightning that causes massive damage and paralyzes an opponent
- Iron Tail - summons Steel-elemental energy to Pikachu's tail. Pikachu then strikes his opponent with his tail.
- Electro Ball - summons an orb of very strong electrical energy. Pikachu hurls this at his opponent.
- Quick Attack - Pikachu rams his opponent with a fast tackle.
- Agility - raises Pikachu's speed greatly
- Volt Tackle - Pikachu runs very fast and rams his opponent with an electrically-charged tackle. The downside to this attack is that its power gets weaker if continually used.