|Spoiler Alert: This article/section contains details about future plotlines of LOTM: Sword of Kings described. Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled. |
|Spoiler Alert: This article/section contains details about future plotlines of LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow described. Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled. |
"Revolution is not a dinner party, nor an essay, nor a painting, nor a piece of embroidery; it cannot be so refined, so leisurely and gentle, so temperate, kind, courteous, restrained and magnanimous. A revolution is an insurrection, an act of violence by which one class overthrows another. Millions of people will die... Maybe billions... Who knows? Maybe trillions. There will be no peace without a bloody and cruel revolution. Many people here think this is insanity and refuse to use genocidal agenda against Astaroth Empire and its innocent civilians, whom some of us learned that even demons are like us. They fight for their own ideals, goals and peace. No matter how evil Ara Astaroth may be to you, she is a hero in the eyes of her race. Yet, she is our enemy and we will not show sympathy for her... But many of us refuse to fight thinking we are going to kill the last survivors of this world in the process... But that... That woman... The Angel of Flame, is different. She is willing to kill both allies and enemies alike, stepping on their bodies and gives long speeches of how our actions are right, even if the means the death of children; demons and humans alike. She believes those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. Maria soon realized that the inner light which once inspired the peasants had ignited into a raging fire of frenzy. Her followers no longer drew inspiration from her. The only example she set was revenge, and only cold-hearted humans responded favorably. She is no longer Maria Arzonia you used to know... Rather... She is no longer "Maria Arzonia"."
|Maria Arzonia/Future Maria|
|Name||María Pirotecnia de Arzonia y Rodríguez|
|Alias||Angel of Flame, Angel of Fire, Angelic Flames, Redeemed One, Nuestra Señora de la Inspiración Divina, Our Lady of Divine Inspiration, Fire of God, Purifier of Sin, Donna, Elvira Mannequin, Anna Mannequin, St. Maria, The Lady Saint, Vermillion Peacock, Seraph, Camael, The Phoenix, Corazon, Heart, Lady Maria, Sol, La Reina de Corazones, Vanilla, Comet of Fire, Ignacia, Ethne, Electra, Udia|
|Race||Human (fomerly), KnightWalker Cyborg (formerly), Spirit Guide (currently)|
|Age||2,013 years old in Astaroth Future; physically 25 years old|
|Birthday||November 5th, 2023 (Guy Fawkes Night)|
|Height||1,82 meters in human form, 2,04 meters in Angelic Berserk|
|Hair Color||Lighty Blonde|
|Eye Color||Jacinth red|
|Affiliation||La Nueva Familia de Arzonia, Rebel Cells, The Alliance|
|Previous Affiliation||God and Paradise, Mafusa Gang, KnightWalker Family, Revelation of Qliphoth (indirect participation), The Rogues, Catholic Rebels, Ratatoskr|
|Occupation||Extremist Supreme Leader and General of the Alliance|
|Previous Occupation||Terrorist and gangster of Mafusa Gang, KnightWalker Cyborg, Catholic Rebel Leader|
|Partner(s)||Katarina Couteau, Selina Strawberry, Imperia Deamonne, Vento of the Front, Albert Apple, Drizzt Do'Urden, Kristen Kiwifruit, Adam Frankenstein, Lucas Kellan, Tomas Sev, Helene Hawthorn|
|Previous Partner(s)||Arzonia Brothers, Ichabod Crane, Abbie Mills, Eckidina KnightWalker, Misogi "KnightWalker" Kumagawa, Magilou, Matt Butcher, Carl Robinson, Patriach Krans, Noélle Bor, Villian ,Acqua of the Back, Aureolus Izzard, La Folia Rihavein, Sister Kate, Poison Ivy, Stgyl Magnus, Vento of the Front, Abel Nightroad, Tres Iqus, Yuri Barnes, Gaius Phoenix, Katya, Kruls Valnir, Kotori Itsuka, Kyouhei Kannazuki, Sephiria Arks KnightWalker, Lucy Sheev KnightWalker, Rentaro Satomi|
|Base of Operation||Prime Earth; Spain|
|Relatives||Arzonia Brothers (brothers), Unnamed Father (biological and solo father), Unnamed mother (biological and solo mother)|
|Counterpart||Elesis Du Tirial, Her brothers, Melancholia, Aki Honda, Eckidina KnightWalker, Michael Langdon, Aryana Westcott, Kanon Rihavein, Sasha, Heis, Ara Astaroth, Future Michael|
|Hobbies||Drawing, burning her enemies, hunting down the worst kind of people, torturing demons and enemy troops, causing conflict between Astaroth Empire and the Alliance, destroying Astaroth bases, executing human traitors, antagonizing Ara, training recruits, killing demonic children|
|Powers||Spiritual Magic, Pyrokinesis, Lava Manipulation, Photokenesis, High intellegence|
|Type of Power||Spiritual Energy, KnightWalker Nano-Machines|
|Weapon||Chain Viper, Sword of Fire|
|English Voice||Génesis Rodríguez|
In the dystopian future of Astaroth Hell taking command of the omniverse during the beginning of Rise of Qliphoth era, the future version of the María Pirotecnia de Arzonia y Rodríguez (short for Maria Arzonia), also known as the Angel of Flame, formerly known as the Redeemed One and the Lady Saint is the anti-heroic protagonist in the upcoming crossover storyline, LOTM: Los Reina de Corazónes, who will lead a rebellion against Astaroth Empire after theRevelation of Qliphoth (and subsquently Triggers Hell) that took over the Prime Earth and the omniverse. She will also be a supporting character in LOTM: Sword of Kings AA Final - Eckidina Arc: Madness Sub Arc. She also serves as the one who tells the tale in the future to the members from the Rogues when they arrived in the future sent by Ara Astaroth from the past and how much she and the world changed since Ara sent them to the future 2,000 years ago.
Unlike the original Maria Arzonia who was selfless and kind, this future version of Maria was more vicious and had more extreme tendencies used by violent anti-heroes such as Carl Robinson, Jin Kisaragi and Saeko Busujima. She was no longer being the innocent and completely benevolent person like before and became one of the most cold-hearted anti-hero in CIS Productions. During her rebellion against Astaroth Empire, Maria became blood-thristy and filled with vengeance and hatred due to Ara Astaroth and her companions who had ripped her friends and loved ones away from her. Losing her casual sense of humor and graceful demeanor since she found it tedious to herself after her trauma, Maria became a much darker, more rude and more serious person who will not hestitate to commit murder or massacres even if that would cause mass casualities, thinking it was her own mistake to make her family (most members of La Nueva Familia de Arzonia) slaughtered in front of her. She would do anything to make Astaroth Empire pay for their sins and save the omniverse from being opressed by her sworn enemy, Ara Astaroth.
At one time driven solely by her will to survive, Future Maria finds purpose in life upon joining the Alliance, greatly helping in the faction's storied successes during the Omniversal Civil War as the Alliance's Supreme General. She eventually becomes dissatisfied with clinging on to Kyoko's dream and acted by her own free will; to get revenge on the Black Demons and Astaroth Empire to taking everything from her, becoming a sociopath leader who sacrificed hundreds of thousands in battle to get a chance to blow Ara's army in all ways. Following the horrors of the "Dark Eclipse" prompted by Ara when she became the new Goddess of Idea of Evil, however, Maria embarks on a 100-years war against Idea of Evil's Ara and apostles, becoming increasingly embittered on her one-track quest for retribution. She in time realizes protecting her regressed comrades is more important to her, as well as something she cannot do alone, and thus seemingly fights Astaroth using civilized ways... At least until she breaks again and again with numerous loses and defeats. She is considered by many as the pure personification of strength and will since Maria is a Byronic heroine who is born as one who may be able to struggle against causality but who is unable to maintain it indefinitely.
After the defeat of Ara in the past, the Astaroth Future itself ceased to exist with everything connected to it started to fall apart, including the future Maria, since she belonged to the dystopian future. Sensing the dystopian future falling apart, Future Maria realized it was the result of Katarina from the past defeating Ara and prevented the rise of Astaroth. Believing the future was rewritten and things would one day become hopeful, Future Maria disappeared without a word or resisting, only with a smile and tears of joy, accepting her fate of being erased from existence forever.
In spite of this, Future Maria later resurfaced at the LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow - Anti-Christ Saga, where Michael used his Nether Ability to showed the Astaroth Hell scene to Maria. It was revealed that Michael preserved his future counterpart's remaining power as well as his memory in the Crystal of Nether Sorensen the Demon Prince, and all of this would be reserved for Maria once their final started, so that he could plundge Maria into despair once again before allowing Future Maria to take form, but this time she will become a Zodiac Demon under his command. This eventually failed when Carl Robinson helped Maria get out of the illusion. However, because of Michael's action, Future Maria started to lurk inside Maria as a split personality in her illusions, acting like a ghost possessing a husk but never truly had a body. Maria still managed to control her darker future self, but she never casted Future Maria's personality out of her, as she needed stronger power to fight against Moloch. Due to Maria's efforts, Future Maria never got back to life.
Naming PunAs a common name in a country like Spain, Maria is a feminine given name. It is given in many languages influenced by Latin Christianity. It has two separate origins: the feminine form of the Roman name Marius, and, more significantly, as the Latin form of the name of Mary, mother of Jesus.
Maria (Μαρία) is a form of the name used in the New Testament, standing alongside Mariam Μαριάμ. It reflets the Syro-Aramaic name Maryam, which is in turn derived from the Biblical Hebrew name Miriam. As a result of their similarity and syncretism, the Latin original name Maria and the Hebrew-derived Maria combined to form a single name.
The name is also sometimes used as a male (middle) name. This was historically the case in many Central European countries and still is the case in countries with strong Catholic traditions, where it signified patronage of the Virgin Mary (French-speakers often did the same with Marie).
Besides Maria, Mother of Jesus (see Blessed Virgin Mary or Virgin Mary), there are three other women named Maria in the New Testament: Maria Magdalena and Maria Salomé, disciples of Jesus and Maria Betânia, sister of Lazarus. In Quranic tradition, the name is rendered Maryam, but Arabic reflects the Christian given name as Mārya مارية or Māryā ماريا Mārya al-Qibiṭiyya, a Coptic Egyptian woman given to Muhammad as a slave.
When written in Spanish and Galician, Maria was written in the form of "María". Her middle name, "Pirotechnia", is a Spanish word which means "Pyrotechnic", which is a kind of technique to produce fireworks and explosives. The surname "Arzonia" was a play on "arson", "zone" and "pyromaniac".
AppearanceLike Michael Langdon in the future timeline, Maria in the future timeline had her physical appearance changed into polar opposite, as much as her personality.
In the future timeline, Maria's appearance was changed into something else entirely, body and soul, due to the rage filled inside her mind after seeing her family and friends died one by one in front of her. Her bluish eyes had turned empty-red due to rage and sorrow she suffered, which led her to mental breakdown. Her appearance seemed matured as well. She grew even taller even if she was a spirit, and she had resembled more like an adult woman than a teenage girl.
The outfit of Maria changed drastically, which was an obvious representing of her personality change. Before the rise of Astaroth Empire, Maria mostly wear a white dress with blue and gold decorations, but after the rising of Astaroth Empire, Maria had wore a red trechcoat resembled British Army trenchcoat in 19th century. Red represents blood in Spanish culture, and the bullfighters in Spain often used to provoke a bull during the bullfighting. That hinted the composure of Maria had broke completely after her loss of so many people, with almost no way to reverse it.The facial mood of Maria changed as well. Once, she always smiled gently and had a habit of curtseying in front of those who she first met and/or greatly respected. After the rise of Astaroth Empire, all those graceful demeanor had gone on this once gentle beauty. Her face no longer had her kind smiling, and she often glared others in rage, making her face a lot more horrifying than she used to be. Unlike so many years ago, when people looked at her with pleasant look, anyone who looked at her would only reacted in fear due to her murderous wrath.
In the future timeline, the drastic change of Maria's physical appearance symbolizes her change of personality as well as the drastic change of the entire Prime Earth - even the entire omniverse - when Astaroth Empire ruled everything and placed it under oppression. Maria had to change her look as well as her tendency while being surrounded by monsters in a world oversee by a sadistic blood-sucker torturer like Ara Astaroth, a wicked scientist unleashing the most bizarre and cruel scientific tortures upon innocent people like B1-Killer Kampfdroide Unit-CM 130, a cold-hearted child murder like Vira, an oppressive tyrant that ruled worlds with iron fists like Future Michael Langdon, and an insane warmonger that destroy planets for fun like Aryana Westcott.
All personal informations of Maria, such as her hobbies, her favorite things, etc
- Favorite colors:
- Red, orange, grey, black, pink
- Favorite foods:
- Spanish cuisine, tacos, sandwich, shrimp, strawberry ice cream, cake, yakisoba
- Favorite cloths:
- Military outfits, white T-Shirt, black skirt, military boots, red coat, white gloves
- Favorite hobbies:
- Drawing, burning her enemies, hunting down the worst kind of people, torturing demons and enemy troops, causing conflict between Astaroth Empire and the Alliance, destroying Astaroth bases, executing human traitors, antagonizing Ara, training recruits, killing demonic children
- Favorite allies:
- Favorite enemies:
- Burning buildings to the ground, slaughtering demons, executing demon civilians, sadistically torturing Astaroth soldiers, executing military moves, insulting Ara and Vira, attacking Ara's mansions, executing failed soldiers, getting rid of weaklings, impaling Astaroth members, looking at photos of the world before its destruction, creating fire-weapons, cleaning her knives, conquesting territories, causing trouble to Vira to torment her, burning Astaroth Empire's flags
- None after her downfall to Anti-Hero
- Weak people who can't fight Astaroth Empire, children unable to fight, demons and demonic entities, God who abandoned her and her friends, Astaroth Empire, fascists, neo-nazis, humans who worship Ara, traitors, humans who abandoned their humanity to become demons, angels, Ara's photos, scientists from Divine Hand, spoiled kids, elderly unable to fight, festivals in times of war, pacifists people, politicians, money
- Political types:
- Favorite musics:
- Gothic opera that represents her life nowadays
- 2,020 years old at the of Rise of Qliphoth era
- Hated allies:
- All people in her army who can't fight
- Hated enemies:
- Ara Astaroth, B1-Killer Kampfdroide Unit-CM 130, Michael Langdon, Aki Honda, Tomoo, Vira, Leohart the Prince of Hell, Moloch, Petelgeuse Romanee-Conti, Emperor Tathagata Killer, King Hamdo, Terra of the Left, The Fallen's Essence, Mephisto, Blackheart, Black Fairy, Sasha, Heis, Melancholia, Eckidina KnightWalker, Hidden One, Evil Carl, Aleister Crowley, Diabla the Qliphoth Tyrant, Malcolm Dreyfuss, Prince Hans, Blackbeard, Demonio, Misogi Kumagawa , Sascha Vykos, Akrak Couteau, Yuuki Terumi, Hazama, Felix Drake, Reaper
PersonalityThroughout most of the story (particularly later entries), Maria is incredibly cruel, reckless, and destructive, willing to kill anyone who gets in her way, even innocent people. She is also shown to be generally incapable of accepting full responsibility for her actions, usually blaming the the High Supreme Leaders of Astaroth Empire (Ara Astaroth, Michael Langdon, Aryana Westcott, Unit-CM 130 and among others) for her suffering while ignoring or denying her own part in it. The memory of her misdeeds has driven Maria to lose her sanity and becoming somewhat in a sociopathic anti-hero, a transformation worst than Katarina Couteau, Azul Jissele and Carl Robinson who are three of the most known anti-heroes of the storyline.
Earlier on in the story, she is less callous towards the lives of others, albeit perfectly willing to sacrifice an innocent bystander when it is required of her. She also exhibits a deep sense of shame and horror at her reputation as the Angel of Flame. One example is when Maria saves a woman from a duo of demons only for her to run away in terror and call her a monster; Maria is visibly aghast by the fear and hatred others have for her. This shame was further demonstrated when she observed the massacres committed by Vira's minions, causing her to question what she had become. On the first days of Astaroth Empire's uprising, Maria was also very respectful towards gods and divine entities, to the point of calling them "Lords". As time went on, she became disillusioned with the gods and began to respect them less and less for not helping and saving their people from Ara's grasp. She became openly defiant and hostile towards them to the point she considered to kill them for letting her world to die.
In spite of her cruel acts, Maria is shown to care deeply for her deceased step-mother (Vento of the Front) and friends from La Nueva Familia de Arzonia, with the memories of their deaths driving her to the point of madness. Upon facing her enemies, however, she shows absolutely no mercy towards them shouting words such as "eliminate" and "consign" to show the lack of mercy she has and also to strengthen her resolve to kill them.
Maria became increasingly confident in her newfound abilities. Constantly, she remained composed and unconcerned with the situation at hand. Even when pressured by enemies like the mercenaries of Manufacturing Progressive Sciences; Vergil and Reaper, she showed no emotional build. Maria has displayed an overbearing sense of pride in her friends' name and a great sense of loyalty to it and kept wearing her organization's crest proudly while refusing to wear any other symbols. Initially, Maria still held onto the notion of sparing the innocent and refused to kill anyone unrelated to her revenge. However as her hatred overcame her, she became cold and ruthless, to the point wheres he was willing to kill anyone who stood in her way and she would kill innocent people if it meant achieving her revenge against Ara Astaroth, including her own subordinates and comrades as living shields or baits.In her thirst for vengeance, Maria put herself far above anyone or anything around her. Despite her arrogance and brutality, Maria is not above giving praise (albeit in a grudging, if not sarcastic, way) to her enemies. After expressing a feeling of exhilaration that she had never before felt upon killing Shou Tucker and other scientists of the Researchers of Divine Hand and even declaring that she sees that killing the members of Astaroth Empire's Council as a high priority and satisfaction. Some years later, Maria's cruelty seemingly reached a new level when she killed a slave of Astaroth Camp simply to test out her new powers. She has also grown to show great homicidal rage whenever someone mentions Catholic Rebels in a negative way, even if it's indirect and remote.
Maria's inherited the very concept of hatred has also twisted any of her potentially happy memories of her past into negative ones in order to fuel her vengeance. She feels loneliness in life, having to continuously face many conflicts and build up hatred. Maria often acts rude and frustrated with her underlings and does not accept someone questioning her orders, saying kindness will only slow them down and that there is no goodness in war; ironically, she refused to use such suicidal tactics on the past before Astaroth Empire came into existence and refused to kill anyone who was innocent or surrendered. Maria can also be quite stubborn when people, usually females who are younger than her.Known for her air of austerity, Maria is also gruff, cynical woman holding an overall bleak outlook on life. This is a consequence of having endured waves of suffering and numerous betrayals throught the centuries, with nearly all highlights of her life having, in time, become lows. In spite of her guarded, brooding exterior, she has always been soft-hearted to children, ultimately, a kind and caring individual towards infants and defenseless people. Even as her inner darkness festers deep within her and its temptation becomes increasingly harder to resist, she retains her empathy and compassion, refusing to completely discard her humanity when kids are on the way. Above all else, Maria is the personification of persistence and resilience. Through all of her numerous trials and tribulations, she has never yielded to fate and continues to subsist against seemingly insurmountable odds. Indeed, Maria is an ardent detractor of ideas such as causality and destiny, believing her decisions to ultimately be of her own volition and bearing no regard for such certainties. It is this disposition which spurs her onward – in part to prove the folly of such rigid dogma – and allows her to escape death many times over the course of her life.
In the future, Maria is a very cold, callous, and dispassionate figure, and is rather aloof, brooding, and indifferent, willing to harm both her comrades and enemies should they get in her way. She refers to anyone she does not find interesting as "trash", and treats them as expendable. As stated by Selina, Maria demonstrates a strange habit when killing victims she is particularly interested in; she stabs them with her bare hand in the chest of her enemies to "locate" their hearts. Whether she is consciously aware of this habit or not is unknown. She claims she does not believe in human emotions anymore and claims her feelings as something illusional, which she refers to as the "heart," reasoning that if her eye cannot see them, they do not exist. These words, and much of Maria's overall behavior, reflect the concepts of materialism, which connects to her aspect of death, Emptiness. In the last seconds of her life, she seems to finally find her own "heart", and understands feelings.Her cold demeanor allows her to stay completely calm and in control in most situations, and she is not easily surprised or caught off-guard. However, she does not seem to comprehend the Human trait of fighting against all odds or the concept of the Human heart. Maria is highly perceptive, cunning, and analytical. She maintains a cautious and cool demeanor, being always in control of her actions. He holds herself with decent dignity and finds Zelkron's taunts about 'punishing' the rebels repulsive and vulgar. As she usually not the talkative one, Maria spares her words and only speaks when necessary or for those she finds worthy of them. She is emotionally detached from all materialistic things but shows a stubborn reluctance to admit the existence of anything immaterial.
After being held captive and undergoing intense torture by the hands of Unit-CM 130 (Zelkron) Maria's personality changed drastically. She trashed her previous ideology of "being hurt rather than hurting others," pledging to crush those who dared threaten her place of belonging. She adopted the habit of cracking her fingers from her torturer, Zelkron. In her subconscious, Future Maria cannibalized the Past Maria the image of her Angel-self. This displayed that she accepted the "darkness" within her. Instead of being influenced by it, she appeared to have become the one to surpass it. Maria became ruthless and brutal in order to protect her friends and allies, yet she managed to maintain complete composure and was willing to sacrifice them when necessary. She no longer feared her evil side and was more violent during battles. By embracing her dark nature wholeheartedly, Maria gave up on being "human"; this war more influented by words of people she met before who did not agree her kindness and soft ideology, such as Carl Robinson, Katarina Couteau and Azul Jissele; whom agreed her enemies should be destroyed instead of being imprisoned and giving them a chance to cause mayhem and death.Maria was still capable of showing her gentle nature in front of people she cared about, but instantly turned merciless against her enemies. She yearned for strength and power, therefore becoming more arrogant. Her new creed — that as "the strong" she had the right to "destroy the weak" — was originally an ideology held by Carl Robinson but adopted some examples from Vira and Ara as she noticed the only way to fight them is using the same weapon; violence with violence. Michael Langdon assumed that Maria developed some form of mental instability during her torture and the battle in Argentina where she watched important members of her family being murdered, and that this would gradually wear her down.
In addition, Maria cannot laugh or smile anymore, which implies her sociopathic side after years of suffering. Despite Maria started her quest of revenge against Maria as a brutal person, she still was a kind human who refused to sacrifice her allies and friends to achieve her goals yet the years of wars and conflict resulted in the extraction of all her emotions after she noticed there is no light and hope; this was caused mainly by the thinking that God abandoned her.
Despite all her bad qualities, she was capable of worse things that even Astaroth Empire's officers considered her to be a terrorist; such as executing demonic children merely for considering as "generic demons" (all demons and demonic entities are equal), killing non-combatents enemies, allowing genocide in Astaroth Empire's demon races and an oppressive rebel regime, Maria was also a sadist who clearly enjoyed torturing demons and fallen angels; all races she considered to be the enemies of mankind.
Maria's Mental illnesses (Wikia Source)
A lust murder is a homicide in which the offender searches for erotic satisfaction by killing someone. Lust murder is synonymous with the paraphilic term erotophonophilia, which is sexual arousal or gratification contingent on the death of a human being. The phrase "lust killing" stems from the original work of Richard von Krafft-Ebing in his 1898 discussion of sadistic homicides. Commonly, this type of crime is manifested either by murder during sexual activity, by mutilating the sexual organs or areas of the victim's body, or by murder and mutilation. The mutilation of the victim may include evisceration, displacement of the sexual organs, or both. The mutilation usually takes place postmortem. Although the killing sequence may include an act of sexual intercourse, sexual intercourse does not always occur, and other types of sexual acts may be part of the homicide.
Sadism involves gaining pleasure from seeing others undergo discomfort or pain. The opponent-process theory explains the way in which individuals not only display, but also take enjoyment in committing sadistic acts. Individuals possessing sadistic personalities tend to display recurrent aggression and cruel behavior. Sadism can also include the use of emotional cruelty, purposefully manipulating others through the use of fear, and a preoccupation with violence.
There were four subtypes of sadism, which he termed Enforcing sadism, Explosive sadism, Spineless sadism, and Tyrannical sadism.
Bloodlust or bloodthirstiness refers to a desire to see blood being shed; it usually refers to a desire to see blood being shed in combat. It can also refer to a literal lust or desire for either the sight or drinking of blood, such as blood fetishism, or for drinking blood in vampire-like behaviour.
Pyromania is an impulse control disorder in which individuals repeatedly fail to resist impulses to deliberately start fires, in order to relieve tension or for instant gratification. The term pyromania comes from the Greek word πῦρ (pyr, fire). Pyromania is distinct from arson, the deliberate setting of fires for personal, monetary or political gain. Pyromaniacs start fires to induce euphoria, and often fixate on institutions of fire control like fire houses and firemen. Pyromania is a type of impulse control disorder, along with kleptomania, intermittent explosive disorder and others.
Antisocial personality disorder (ASPD), also known as sociopathy, is a personality disorder characterized by a long term pattern of disregard for, or violation of, the rights of others. An impoverished moral sense or conscience is often apparent, as well as a history of crime, legal problems, or impulsive and aggressive behavior.
Antisocial personality disorder is the name of the disorder as defined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). Dissocial personality disorder (DPD) is the name of a similar or equivalent concept defined in the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD), where it states that the diagnosis includes antisocial personality disorder. Both manuals have similar but not identical criteria for diagnosing the disorder. Both have also stated that their diagnoses have been referred to, or include what is referred to, as psychopathy or sociopathy, but distinctions have been made between the conceptualizations of antisocial personality disorder and psychopathy, with many researchers arguing that psychopathy is a disorder that overlaps with, but is distinguishable from, ASPD.
Paranoid personality disorder
Paranoid personality disorder (PPD) is a mental disorder characterized by paranoia and a pervasive, long-standing suspiciousness and generalized mistrust of others. Individuals with this personality disorder may be hypersensitive, easily insulted, and habitually relate to the world by vigilant scanning of the environment for clues or suggestions that may validate their fears or biases. Paranoid individuals are eager observers. They think they are in danger and look for signs and threats of that danger, potentially not appreciating other evidence.
They tend to be guarded and suspicious and have quite constricted emotional lives. Their reduced capacity for meaningful emotional involvement and the general pattern of isolated withdrawal often lend a quality of schizoid isolation to their life experience. People with PPD may have a tendency to bear grudges, suspiciousness, tendency to interpret others' actions as hostile, persistent tendency to self-reference, or a tenacious sense of personal right. Patients with this disorder can also have significant comorbidity with other personality disorders.
Depressive personality disorder
Depressive personality disorder (also known as melancholic personality disorder) is a controversial psychiatric diagnosis that denotes a personality disorder with depressive features.
Originally included in the American Psychiatric Association's DSM-II, depressive personality disorder was removed from the DSM-III and DSM-III-R. Recently, it has been reconsidered for reinstatement as a diagnosis. Depressive personality disorder is currently described in Appendix B in the DSM-IV-TR as worthy of further study. Although no longer listed as a personality disorder, the diagnosis is included under the section “personality disorder not otherwise specified”.
While depressive personality disorder shares some similarities with mood disorders such as dysthymia, it also shares many similarities with personality disorders including avoidant personality disorder. Some researchers argue that depressive personality disorder is sufficiently distinct from these other conditions so as to warrant a separate diagnosis.
Passive-aggressive behavior is "a type of behaviour ... characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of others and an avoidance of direct confrontation." In psychology, passive-aggressive behavior is characterized by a habitual pattern of passive resistance to expected work requirements, opposition, sullenness, stubbornness, and negative attitudes in response to requirements for normal performance levels expected of others. Most frequently it occurs in the workplace where resistance is exhibited by such indirect behaviors as procrastination, forgetfulness, and purposeful inefficiency, especially in reaction to demands by authority figures, but it can also occur in interpersonal contexts.
Another source characterizes passive-aggressive behavior as: "A personality trait marked by a pervasive pattern of negative attitudes and characterized by passive, sometimes obstructionist resistance to complying with expectations in interpersonal or occupational situations. Behaviors: Learned helplessness, procrastination, stubbornness, resentment, sullenness, or deliberate/repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible" Other examples of passive-aggressive behavior might include avoiding direct or clear communication, evading problems, fear of intimacy or competition, making excuses, blaming others, obstructionism, playing the victim, feigning compliance with requests, sarcasm, backhanded compliments, and hiding anger.
According to Living with the Passive-Aggressive Man, a self-help book, a passive man does little to get what he wants as it is too much effort to do so, and ranges from the inept "loser" type to the conformist who does anything to be liked, avoids making waves and rarely says what he feels.
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) revision IV describes passive-aggressive personality disorder as a "pervasive pattern of negativistic attitudes and passive resistance to demands for adequate performance in social and occupational situations."
The titular "Angel of Flame", also known as "Red Eyed Killer" by Astaroth Empire, Maria Arzonia is a young adult woman that was infamously known for being the Alliance's number one assassin and torturer; killing her enemies without a second chance of redemption. Maria's cold-hearted and serious demeanor stems from her hellish experiences the Astaroth Empire forced her and her family through after being kidnapped by Unit-CM 130 and tortured by his unit. Unlike the previous Maria Arzonia, who was pure-hearted woman with a soft personality, the Future Maria Arzonia was a dark and brutal person who vowed her entire life to murder, genocide and war against Astaroth Empire.
While some rebels agreed in taking prisioners, Maria Arzonia, on the other side, refused to have demons under captive and tortured them by cutting their limbs one by one to unleash pain upon them. Maria became a sadist torturer who also enjoyed the pain of demonic beings, considering all demons equals no matter their sex or age and shows no mercy when executing demons or fallen angels, be they soldiers or innocent civilians. In the future, the Red Eyed Killer was feared by Astaroth Empire for being the most extremist and brutal rebel they ever faced to the point calling her a terrorist and a serial killer instead of a revolutionary.
Maria fights her enemies with ferocity, and often, extreme cruelty, rarely shooting to kill until her target has been completely disabled and humiliated before getting rid of them. However, she does seem to have some small shred of humanity left in her, as he is still capable of shedding tears when remembering her former-self and past life with all her friends that were killed by Ara and her group. Maria freely taunts and belittles her opponents, often allowing them to inflict seemingly fatal wounds before healing herself and counterattacking. One of her favorite methods of fighting is to allow herself to be blown to shreds before simply flowing back together. Maria had a reputation as an able but ruthless and cunning commander during the Rise of Qliphoth era. Her harsh methods led many to regard her as an unrepentant extremist, forcing many people to leave her side by fear of being murdered as a bait or sacrifice. Maria bore great antipathy towards the Astaroth for invading her homeworld Earth. She also disliked all humans who had connections to Ara and blames them as traitors of mankind even if she knew they were forced to do such thing. One of Maria's most evil actions were among executing children, be they humans or demons; when humans, she executes them if they are offsprings of a traitor family or when they act like spy to Ara's army, and when they are demons, she simply executes them with a shot in the head for the mere fact of existing, considering them to be evil like all demons.
Maria also gained negative qualities of something that could only be called a "villain", such as executing traitors in public to make them an example of what happens when someone decides to betray her cause. Maria fought against the Imperial Military and led a resistance group known as the Alliance, a rebel organization that she joined centuries ago and slowly rised on their ranks after displaying her amazing tactical skills and military strategy; when Maria became the new leader, she turned it into a a militant organization that some considered an extremist organization with terrorism tactics. Maria was willing to sacrifice her forces for what she calls "greater good" and would not hesitate to use civilians as shields to protect herself as she puts her actions to be more important than the lives of weaklings. In addition, Maria lost her senses of kindness and absolutely hated weak people who had no conditions to fight for their freedom and even expelled some members of her groups, including elderly, women and children who could not fight to let them die by starvation.
Another important aspect of Maria's new personality is her relationship with God. As a warrior of the resistence, before her corruption as a cold-blooded assassin, she believed that words alone were not enough to establish one's faith. Rather, she believed that the only way to attract God's attention was to accomplish deeds in her name. In accordance with this belief, she never asked God for favors, but instead did many great and terrible things for him during her fight with Astaroth Empire. She became famous and feared for punishing evildoers and those who opposed her methods in her own lands and abroad, for waging a war against the survivors Muslims in hopes of bringing down "the New Jerusalem," and for sacrificing her troops and her people to achieve her own goals; and this is what led to fall total corruption. She believed that, if she and her men put forth great enough effort and sacrificed enough, that God himself would intervene on their behalf. Her actions caused even her own people to fear her, and subsequently only a small amount of her peasants and soldiers showed up to aid her in her last battle.
When she lost her war and was taken prisoner by the Astaroth soldiers, she realized that she had failed and that her country, her people, her friends, her family had all been killed because of her greed for revenge, war, violence and power and finally noticed she was just using God's name to hide her true goals; revenge. Feeling abandoned by God, she abandoned God in turn, and she drank up the blood of her scorched and besieged homeland and became a Fallen Angel, but her hate against God later deteriorated and she accepts the possibility that it was her own hatred against those who wronged her in her youth that drove her actions that she used the name of God to mask her own hate and lust for power. Even so, Maria refused to believe in God again, believing him to be soft just like her previous person and allowed someone like Ara to live because of his own weak-willed judgment; blaming him for all destruction Ara caused to the omniverse. Maria is recognized as the most contraversial anti-hero of CIS' universe for being a twisted heroic version of a former pure-hearted hero who believed in love and peace... Yet, it shows that no matter how pure is a hero, it doesn't mean he or she is completely incorruptive, because like you, they're people too.
Biography - In Astaroth Future
Original Past - Bad Ending
After Ara Astaroth sent Katarina Couteau, as well as the members of the Rogues to the future, Maria woke up in a nightmare when she had her sleep inside the royal palace of Madrid, Spain. She had a nightmare that Astaroth King had Katarina killed in front of her. Maria immediately stood up and called Matt to wake up. She told him about her nightmare and Matt started to comfort her, however, Maria was feeling more and more distraught before she immediately dressed and went towards the nation of Chronos Empire in order to ask Sephiria Arks KnightWalker, the Empress of the country, for help, while being accompanied by members of Catholic Rebels. In Chronos Empire, Sephiria was glad to see Maria visiting her, but was shocked to hear that Maria was sensing Katarina and her allies were in danger.
Feeling worried, Sephiria immediately took actions when the reports of Leohart's Cult attacking members of Ratatoskr, Witch Cult and Arms Division came one by one in Argentina, Buenos Aires. Maria and Sephiria immediately went towards the scene via-teleport and saw bloodsheding corpses of Kotori Itsuka, Shigure Yukimi, Kyouhei Kannazuki, Krulcifer, Kruls Valner, Isis Maxwell, Yuuji Kazami, Saeko Busujima, Shido Itsuka, Maeve, Katya, Gaius Phoenix, Tohka Yatogami and many more allies of the Rogues lying on the ground. Seeing their brutal death, Maria's sanity started to slip.
In desperation, Maria found no trace of Katarina, Lucas Kellan, Tomas Sev, Azul Jissele, Atala Arck and Imperia Deamonne or any other people from the Rogues, but that only made her more and more desperate. Seeing the loss of those whom she considered as family, Maria knelt on the ground and started to cry in agony. She then realized it was Ara's fault. Cursing Ara in her mind, Maria ordered her minions to hunt down Ara and Leohart's Cult, but soon she noticed that all the surroundings beside her were swallowed in flames and destruction. Maria turned around and saw Ara and her minions waiting for her. Enraged, Maria declared war on Ara before starting an attack against the Astaroth King even if that meant to make Ara to go down with herself.
Arzonia Family VS. Leohart's Cult
The fight exploded as Leohart's Cult instigated their ambush against the Catholic Rebels. Maria chose Ara as her priority target, and the two fought against each other. Maria claimed that she was once a member of the Mafusa Gang and angrily cursed Ara for ruining her life. She then asked whatever she did to the Rogues. Gleefully calling Maria as a petty traitor, Ara claimed that she sent them to a future ruled by her in order to kill them, and considering they hadn't returned yet, Ara assumed that they had been killed in Astaroth Hell, the omniverse and the existence where she ruled with iron fist. Infuriated, Maria's wrath blinded her judgement and attacked Ara furiously, claiming to avenge everyone the demon lady took from her, but Ara had subdued Maria while claiming that Katarina was her dessert and Maria will be the lunch. Then, she made Maria her hostage in front of the Catholic Rebels and Peace Foundation warriors.
Fortunately, this did not last long. Maria was saved when Magilou appared behind Ara and sneak attacked Ara with a large paper fan. Maria seized the chance and raised her sword, trying to finish Ara off. However, this was interrupted when Vira and Kruel Rose appared behind Maria. Magilou saw the two and was infuriated since they were people who influenced her evil past, but Maria showed some sympathies to Vira for the latter was once Eugen Katsuragi. Trying to tell "Eugen" to save her sister, Maria went to Vira in order to persuade her, only resulted in a stab in her chest. Vira claimed that the good Eugen had perished and that she was Vira forever with no return to her old-self. Before Vira could finish off Maria in front of everyone, Matt saved Maria from Vira by blocking Vira's attack with his sword. Magilou and Vento covered Maria to retreat so that she could have time to regenerate herself.
However, as more of the Black Army started to emerge after being summoned by Ara, the situation was worsen. Maria and Sephiria were shocked to find that they were surrounded from all sides. The only chance of escape had became void. Maria then claimed that she will take the mantle of all of those deceased martyrs, claiming that even if they fell, she was still standing there and will take their sword and cleanse the world from Qliphoth.
Magilou's DeathAs the battle fully broke out between the Catholic Rebels and Leohart's Cult, Maria found herself and all of her allies in grave danger when Ara started to attack Maria and her allies with all her might. Acqua and Vento immediately drew Ara's attentions from her enemies before the Catholic Rebels, Chronos Empire's Magicians and Peace Foundation's troops started to bomb Ara with missiles, gun shots, explosives and deadly spells, wanting to make her pay for what she did to those who she killed. However, much to their horror, Ara was still left standing tall with no injury at all. Vento and Acqua then tried to finish Ara, but then Lust appaered alongside Petelgeuse Romanee-Conti and fought against Acqua, Vento and Tres Iqus. The battle between these people had resulted in a tie as their combined power matched with each other equally.
In the meantime, with a devious grin, Ara spotted Magilou as the Catholic Rebels began to find a chance so that they can retreat, right before teasing her with the death of her parents and all of her best friends (including Karma Maxwell), while praising Vira and Kruel for doing the right thing. Maria and Matt did not know about this detail and were visibly shocked. Magilou was infuriated and tried to kill Ara, but Sumireko Hanabusa blocked her way and pulled her back. However, Ara did not stop teasing Maria and claimed that she will restart the tragedy upon Arzonia Family and claimed the different time points in history will have several stunning similarities.
Before Ara could finish, a furious Magilou pushed away Sumireko and attacked Ara, but that was what Ara wanted as she attacked Magilou, making her badly injured. Maria was shocked and tried to get to Magilou, but Vira attacked Maria and slashed her on the ground. Vira scoffed at Maria for her so-called purity and claimed the world had no heroes. Monsters shall win in the very end. Before trying to impale a mentally painful Maria, Magilou stood between Vira and Maria, blocking Vira's attack. With no mercy, Vira ultimately impaled Magilou in front of Maria and her allies so that she would make Maria a victim to this.Yelling Vira to stop, Maria could do nothing but watched as Vira impaled Magilou. Vira claimed that it will be a victory to kill a top executive from Arzonia's Family, and then she will kill Maria as well. Matt was shocked and furious by the attack. He leaped towards Vira and clashed with her, accompanied by Toshiro Hitsugaya and Abel Nightroad, while Maria was still hugging an injured Magilou with tears in her eyes. Maria tearfully called Magilou as a liar, since the latter promised that she will never ever die, but Magilou claimed that she never determined to live forever and for the sake of her family, she had to sacrifise her life.
In despair, Maria immediately called a doctor for help, and the doctor checked Magilou's injury. He was shocked that Magilou's organs were corrupted by the Blackness and was beyond repair. Maria desperately tried to save Magilou from the attack of Vira with her healing magic, but it never worked. She could only end the life of Magilou herself so that the Blackness will not consume her and turn her into a monster.
Maria realized this in horror. She then tearfully apologized to Magilou for being a weak and worthless sister, but Magilou smiled at Maria, saying it was fine that Maria was the one who gave her warmth and called her a family after Vira killed Karma and her friends in front of her. Magilou then asked Maria to burn her so that her soul would be freed, before showing her gratitude to the entire Catholic Rebels who treated her as a family and gave her comfort. With tears and remorse, Maria had to burn down the body of Magilou alive before yelling in pain and agony.
Engulfed in flames with no regrets, Magilou passed away with a smile on her face, and all of her friends who watched the scene shedded tears in pain. Sephiria attempted to finish Vira off, but Lucy Sheev KnightWalker pushed her away in order to protect her from losing her life.
Vento's Death and Maria's SadnessWatching the time of Magilou's death, Vira stood beside Ara and mocked Magilou as an insect, in a similar manner that Aki Honda killed the original Eugen Katsuragi. Maria was infuriated before charging at Vira, finally disregarding Vira as Eugen, but Vento of the Front stood in front of Maria and claimed that she will fight Vira on behalf of Maria so that they would have time to escape. Vento used her wind magic to blow Maria and all her comrades to safety, while she fought against the Leohart's Cult alone. In order to find a chance for the retreat of her family, Vento engaged Vira in a bloodsheding fight as her first priorty.
In determination to sacrifice herself so that Maria could escape, Vento then slashed the ground between her and her comrades, causing a large cliff on the ground. Deep inside, there was a river of flowing lava underneath it, and several minor cultists fell into the ground, perished into the lava. Vento prevented Maria and others from reaching towards her so that they won't suffer more loss fighting against Ara. Then, Vento gained upper hand and beat Vira, but Vira began to fight back and slashed Vento's face, causing her having a large scar on her face. Maria watched as her godmother fought against Ara's minions, as Matt, Tres and Acqua urged Maria to leave.In desperation, Maria refused to leave. Trying to reach Vento to help her, Maria could not help herself from walking towards Vento, but she had her angelic wings being shot by someone all of a sudden. Maria could no longer fly towards the other side. She looked at the place far, far away before seeing Michael Langdon standing not far away, alongside Carissa and the other members of Langdon Orphans. Beside Michael, stood an emotionless doppelganger of Vento herself. Looking at the battlefield, Michael grinned as he saw a chance to crush Catholic Rebels as soon as he knew about Ratatoskr's downfall.
Michael then binded the Fake Vento with chains, controlling "her" as his puppet, and make "her" reached towards the real Vento. Exausted from attacking Vira and Kruel, Vento had to defend herself from her doppelganger, who attacked her in another fight. Matt tried to slash another strike towards Michael from far away, but Petros Orsini blocked Matt's attack and protected Michael. Michael then used the Fake Vento to fire gunshot at the real Vento, as the latter was trying to attack the doppelganger. A thousand shot of dark magic arrows was fired via using deadly spells, right pierced through the heart of Vento.Due to being gravely injured and exhausted, Maria and the others could only watch as Michael used the fake Vento to kill the real Vento. However, despite being gravely injured, the real Vento used the last of her strength and sliced her doppelganger in half, destroying it. Then, with a smile on her face, saying she needed to take a rest, Vento collapsed on the ground and died as well. Seeing Vento's death, Michael and most of the Langdon Orphans (except Kouko who is sociopathic herself and is hard to feel emotions) let out an insane laughter all together, while Maria covered her face in horror. The first people who showed care and love to Maria had perished right in front of her.
However, instead of pursuing the remnants of Arzonia Family, Michael then ordered the retreat of his forces, much to the others' confusion. Michael only chuckled as he claimed the later story will become more interesting as long as they keep their enemies alive for a period of time. With his minions retreated, Michael made a gratituous smile and blinked to Ara before he went away. Michael was hinting that he had intentions of working with Ara, and Ara realized that very soon. Ara then raised her hand and called her army to retreat as well, leaving Maria and her army silently watched the battlefield post-war.
In the night after returning back to Spain, Maria's sanity began to break. She did not have dinner despite Matt and Sumireko's pledge. She tasted one spoon of paella, which was supposed to be her favorite dish, but she then threw the spoon away in disgust. She claimed that since many of the people who dined with her died forever, she felt nasty on this dinner. Matt and Sumireko sighed before they went out of the Hall of Suits. Sitting in the Seat of Heart and looked at the empty Seat of Diamond, the seat that was reserved for Magilou, Maria buried her head in her knees and sobbed in despair.
Ten Little Soldiers
Awakening from her disturbing dream caused by another nightmare, Maria opened her eyes in horror. Inside that nightmare, Maria was trapped by Arzonia Brothers inside her own cage, while listening them chanting a nursery rhyme known as "Ten Little Soldiers". Maria tried to regain her composure and called Matt and Sumireko, before saying the name of Magilou repeatedly... and then she realized that Magilou was gone.
Horrified, Matt and Sumireko arrived in Maria's room, and they were both relieved when they saw her being safe and unscathed. Remembering the face of Magilou when she was nearly choked by the Blackness coming from inside, as well as Vento's final words of having a rest, Maria began to worry that the entire nursery rhyme shall be a reference to the fate upon the Arzonia Family, with the first two sentence loosely referred the fate of Magilou and Vento.
Ten little Soldier Boys went out to dine;
One choked his little self and then there were nine.
Nine little Soldier Boys sat up very late;
One overslept himself and then there were eight.Worringly, Maria told Matt and Sumuriko about her nightmare, but Matt assured her that it was just a dream caused by the recent loss, but Matt assured that everyone would be avenged. Maria, however, became void of optimism, as she claimed that with the entire Rogue being sent to a destopian future and they had no support coming from the Witch Cult, Ratatoskr or Arms Division as Ara and her minions eliminated all of them, and Maria felt she lost everything in just whole night.
Knowing that the situation was going to be fully hopeless, Matt said that the situation was far from being hopeless. She said to Maria that as long as there are still people who stood against Ara, the hope itself shall never cease. In rage, Maria clenched her fist before vowing revenge on anyone that serve Ara, even if she had to turn cities into ashes in order to stop Ara, and she will never allow anyone to escape from such a brutality. Matt was surprised to hear Maria said all of this, but he knew Maria's hard feelings. Therefore, he supported Maria's decision.
Maria did not answer Matt and went to dining hall. She took a look on ten soldier porcelain dolls on her dining table, which were given to her by a Spanish child as a gift for coronation as the new Spanish Queen. However, two of them had somehow rolled from the table, dropped on the ground and shattered into pieces, leaving only eight soldier dolls standing on the table.
Fall of the Church of England
Ara in VaticanDays later, Maria received news from Cardinal Sforza, who went into a secret actions. It was the news from the City of Vatican that Pope Michael Langdon announced to the world that Cardinal Franchesco Di Medici had died of heart-attack, and he had ordered Neo-Inquisition to be take over by the Mother Superior of the Church.
Maria and others were surprised to hear this, and Sforza soon unexpectedly discovered that the Mother Superior was none other than Melancholia, though none of the Catholic Rebel members were convinced that the one who they defeated almost half year ago, the woman named Melancholia, had came back to life and returned back to her position.
Based on what Michael behaved before he retreated, Maria and Matt soon deduced that the current Mother Superior of the Fallen Roman Catholic Church was none other than Ara herself, who had disguised as Melancholia and acted on her position. Maria did not understand why Michael would work with Ara, but she soon realized that it was a plan to make the world being conquered by demons. Even the Church itself did not serve as a valuable thing for Michael other than a tool for his rise to power.
Maria then used her spiritual ability to look into Vatican finding Michael inside a secret chamber discussing with "Melancholia", who was soon revealed to be Ara, much to Maria's horror. Michael claimed that he had give in a chance to serve The Fallen's Essence because Ara and him shared a common goal. Working together will make everything progressed. Michael then revealed that he tracked down the Rogues very briefly before he arrived in Argentina, saying that he could not sense his futuristic self in that dark future. Alerted, Ara questioned that if Michael was about to stop her, but Michael immediately revealed that it was exactly the contrary. Michael wanted to help Ara and join her force so that the pace towards Astaroth Future shall be going on more smoothly.
Satisfied, Ara then asked Michael if he had any plan in his mind. Claiming that Carissa would become his tool for destruction, Michael replied that he would make the entire United Kingdom fall under the rule of Qliphoth. Since Ara destroyed the Witch Cult, Arms Divion and Ratatoskr, which benefit Michael's atrocity, Michael shall return the favor to eliminate any supporters of La Nueva Familia de Arzonia in progress.
Inside her room, Maria was shocked by the news and almost fell from her chair in horror. Her vision proved her greatest fear deep inside her heart, and she realized that she had to do something to stop Michael and Ara. Maria, Matt and others immediately went to English Channel and encountered Carissa's fleet.
Battle of English Channel
Fall of London
Downfall of Britain
Iscariot Section XIII
Invasion of Manufacturing Progressive Sciences
Unit-CM 130's Facility
Driven Insane by Loss
Rise of the Alliance
The Black Mask
Unmask the Black Mask
Witches of the Sins
Maria VS. Raven
The Rogues from the Past
Erased from Existence
Resurface? - In LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow
Selina StrawberryThere's a reason that the Future Selina Strawberry had been fearing Future Maria in spite of helping each other with respect. Selina believed that Maria was like some sort of "Female Firenza Junior", as she believed Future Maria's cruel tendency - towards her enemies as well as her colder and harsher nature - reminded Selina of Carl Robinson's tendency, believing that a part of Carl's original spirit that once casted out started to possess Maria now.
Selina was also vengeful towards Astaroth Empire, but like the original Maria, Selina had been avoiding the extreme tendency, partly due to herself since she already went into an extreme way in the past (shown in Harvest Saga). After her fight with the late Lord Helio and the late Phyllis Peach, Selina became more restraint and will try hard not to fall into such extreme ways ever again. As a result, she was worried when she saw Maria's fury gone so far. Selina mentioned to the Rogues that Future Maria was no longer Maria they knew before, nor she was even Maria Arzonia herself.
Maria, on the other hand, respects Selina but she is often in odds with Selina's tendency for not getting too far, which mirrors the relationship between the original Maria and Carl before the latter's redemption. In spite of this, Selina understood Maria's reason of becoming such person, since Maria was not the only victim of the Rise of Qliphoth era. Therefore, even with her odds, Selina still supported Maria in every ways, believing that Maria's choice was right even if it could get extreme. Maria also trusted Selina very much and made her a right-hand of hers as well.
Vento of the Front
Future Gregory Grape
Kristen KiwifruitBecause of her true identity as Christine Van Bilj, who was infamous for her arrogance and her rivalry with Ichabod Crane, Kristen sometimes acted a little bit of arrogant to some others, even after her Heel-Face Turn.
In spite of this, Kristen never showed arrogance to Maria. She was amiable to Maria since she knew that Maria was one of the people who driven out the Evil Christine out of her and saved her from the Hidden One when Christine was about to be chained in the Catatombs.
Once they met, Future Kristen kept her true identity secret to Maria actually found Maria's personality and nature interesting. Even so, she would sometimes acted a bit of envious for Maria's leadership, due to her inner nature of the original Christine still existed and she can't help herself thinking that way, and she often wondered what if she was chosen as the Alliance's leader or something.
In spite of this, Kristen was just thinking about this. She never really tried to usurp Maria's position. She never showed any doubt on Maria's own leadership on the Alliance, either, and she did support Maria in any ways. Maria knows Kristen is a bit of narcisstic, like Yuri Barnes, but she felt nothing out of disgust inside Kristen's mind, meaning that Maria could fully trust Kristen. They sometimes still fought together in a sisterly bond, in spite of neither of them came to admit it.
Helene HawthornIn the main timeline, after the death of Diabla the Qliphoth Tyrant, the mainstream Maria later went back in the time to Sleepy Hollow in order to stop Michael Langdon from bringing back Moloch, where she'll meet the past Helene and befriended her.
However, in the Rise of Qliphoth era, since Diabla never managed to appear in Astaroth Furture, Maria never met Helene at all until the construction of The Alliance. After Maria joined the Alliance, she went on a rampage of revenge against the Black Demons, and that's when she met a grown-up but still child-like Helene, saving her from an attack from a Black Demon. Because of the change of Maria's personality due to her loss, she was less friendly to Helene. For a long period of time, Maria treated Helne as a subordinate instead of a close one, though she understood how Helene felt. In spite of knowing Helene was wearing a skin mask, Maria pretended that she never know about it, giving Helene full dignity inside her faction.Out of gratitude, Helene joined the Alliance instantly, since her friends from the Order of Flourish, especially her beloved one, Baccarat Blueberry, fell into victims of Ara Astaroth during her rampage around the world. After Baccarat went missing and was presumed dead, Helene lost the only light in her life and plundged into the darkness and emptiness once again, but Maria saving her actually gave her new hope.
Therefore, Helene joined the Alliance to get her beloved back and avenge her lost friends, even going into an extreme ways. Unlike Selina or Albert, who seemed to fear Maria's dark and cruel tendency of anti-heroism, Helene supported Maria in a fanatic way, believing that they should make their enemies suffer from what their victims had suffered, also multiplying it by ten. It was the indication that the loss of Baccarat had triggerd Helene's mental trauma, caused by her hideous true form, her almost two-decade-long of isolation, as well as her loss of lost her mother Hestia, as well as her father Harold, both at the hands of the deceased Phyllis Peach.
However, as a fully fanatic art lover, Helene sometimes seemed to get picky on Maria's cruel tendency, but claiming that it was not artistic enough instead of being inhumane, which never failed to irritate Maria, who claimed "War needs no art". In spite of this, the two got along well with each other as they both aimed for vengence towards Ara.
In spite of seemly supporting Maria, Helene later expressed her worrying feelings hidden inside to Albert and Selina, as she in fact felt worried that Maria would gone too far to become someone like Lord Helio, who would sacrifise many people to achieve justice. Helene only supported Maria because she needed to.
Arzonia Brothers (pos-death)
Ichabod Crane & Abbie MillsMaria respected Ichabod and cared for Abbie ever since she went back to the past after Mafusa Gang's Revenge Sub Arc to rescue Carl and gain the Grand Grimoire in order to twist the table. However, the news that Ara made Michael eliminated Moloch's forces along with the Witnesses in the past, in order to wipe out the rise of the United Kingdom of America soon got into Maria's ears, and Maria was very distraught when she heard the entire Team Witness was killed by Michael as a Black Demon.
Maria never cared about the UKA's fall in the past, since this somehow prevented Moloch's rising threat that would cause another possiblity to worsen the future, but she was shocked when she heard Ichabod and Abbie's death from Selina, knowing that the Astaroth Hell had spreaded itself into other timelines to wipe any potential setbacks in the rise of Astaroth Empire.
When Selina said what she would do next, Maria immediately set out to build a memorial for Ichabod and Abbie, claiming that she would take their mantle of the Witnesses and declared war on the new rising Tribulations, which is composed by Astaroth Empire.
In Star Spangled Crown, where she actually meets the Witnesses, the resurfaced Future Maria respects Ichabod, and she also shows grief for Abbie's death. Blaming it on Moloch, Future Maria decides to fight against Moloch as well, and her mainstream counterpart agreed her on this in spite of their differences.
Misogi "KnightWalker" Kumagawa
Carl Robinson (future)
Acqua of the Back
Vento of the Front
Katya, Kruls Valnir
Kotori Itsuka (pos-death)
Kyouhei Kannazuki (pos-death)
Sephiria Arks KnightWalker
Lucy Sheev KnightWalker
B1-Killer Kampfdroide Unit-CM 130
Aki Honda (pos-death)
Leohart the Prince of Hell
MolochLike to Ara, Vira and Michael Langdon, Future Maria shows great contempt towards Moloch, not only due to Moloch is a demon, but also he's an uncaring beast who is lack of empathy and prone to destroy the world to turn it into a living hell for him to rule. Moloch is the only reason that made Maria accepts her the power and some traces of her future counterpart's darker personality.
Inside her illusions when Maria was tormented by the devilish Jasmine Porcelain, Future Maria resurfaced to Maria and saying the only reason she started to resurface inside Maria's personality was due to Michael Langdon's actions, but instead of running away from her future counterpart, Maria should accept this and fight against Moloch. In spite of being horrified by her Future counterpart's tendency, Maria accepted this as a part of her split personality so that she would fight against Moloch and his coming forces, including other tribulations.
As both of these two counterparts shares hatred to Moloch, Maria would not be hestitate in releasing her future counterpart's power in a restrained manner so that she'll face Moloch without letting her to lose her own personality like Lord Helio did. Moloch, in fact, is the only reason to bring these two counterparts into one and the same. After all, Maria would not be Moloch's match if she remains her original personality and power level completely unchanged.
Emperor Tathagata Killer
Terra of the Left
The Fallen's Essence
Original Maria ArzoniaAt first, the two counterparts of Maria hadn't get any interactions due to the erase of Astaroth Future Maria seemed to hold a fear towards her Astaroth Future counterpart when Katarina mentioning Future Maria to her, and Maria was visibly relieved to heard that at least the future was not about to happen thanks to Ara's demise.
However, all of this changed in LOTM: Star Spangled Crown, when Maria discovered that her own future counterpart started to reappear deep inside her own mind palace, as a result of being exposed to the scene of Astaroth Hell shown to her by Michael, who preserved his own future counterpart and his memory inside him via Nether Sorensen the Demon Prince's own crystal.
Once she finally interacted with her future counterpart in her mind, Future Maria scolded her own past counterpart as a weakling as she always held back and might always made her enemies get away from their crimes due to her extremely merciful nature, but Future Maria also offered help to make Maria stronger, as she was facing Moloch and his followers directly. At this time, Future Maria had a very similar role to Elesis Du Tirial inside Katarina's mind.
The mainstream Maria, on the other hand, was at first very terrified of her own future counterpart. However, in the end, in order to save Ichabod, Maria still begrudgingly accepted her future counterpart (also herself) anyway, and the two personalities merged into one. After that, Maria gained her awakening abilities. She still remained innoncent and pure, but she can also act much more relentless if she wanted to be so, knowing when it was the time to be cruel and when it's the time to be enough.
Evil CarlLike it was mentioned above in Selina's perspective on Future Maria, the traces of Evil Carl could be found in Future Maria's tendency and personality, mostly including his violent tendency as well as Black and White Insanity.
When Selina accused Maria of this, Future Maria often denied that she was nothing much alike to Carl when he got berserk. However, inside her mind, Maria admitted that it was true as the time passed by, but she accepted that at least Carl himself had a point in killing those enemies without showing remorse or any mercy. This eventually revealed that Future Maria was somewhat as sadistic and dark as Evil Carl, and her violent traits, in spite of using it in anti-heroic purpose, was up to eleven even comparing to Evil Carl as well.
There was also similarities between Future Maria and Evil Carl. Both of them started to take form when they lost the people they loved. Evil Carl took form with the power of the Malice of Moloch combined by Carl's trauma of witnessing his foster parents being killed, and later it was worsen when he was betrayed. On the other hand, Future Maria was formed from the old Arzonia Family's psychopathy caused by the curse casted by Sascha Vykos, which Maria tried to control but eventually let it flow as soon as she lost all of her beloved friends and families at the hands of Ara and Vira. In spite of Maria denying that she's nothing alike to Carl, nothing could deny the fact that both of their dark personality shared similar traces and similar origins.
Diabla the Qliphoth Tyrant
In Rise of Qliphoth era, Future Maria never met Dreyfuss and had no interaction to him. However, this changed when some trace of Future Maria began to appear inside the Mainstream Maria after her arrival in Sleepy Hollow, especially after Michael used the power of Nether Sorensen the Demon Prince to show Maria the Astaroth Hell scene in his endgame within Anti-Christ Saga.
In a vision, Maria met her future counterpart (as an illusion) inside her mind palace, and Future Maria showed distaste to people like Dreyfuss, who made a deal with the devil to gain immortality. As the two counterpart discussing about Dreyfuss, the Future Maria showed the possiblity of what would happen when Dreyfuss took over the world for the sake of Moloch.
After she heard from Lara that Jobe, Dreyfuss' demonic agent, was an agent to the Astaroth King, Maria was instantly panicked. For the brief period of time, she felt her Future Counterpart start yelling inside her, urging her to slay Dreyfuss no matter what the cause and to rebuke Lara for asking favor from such a ghastly horrid demon no better than Moloch, even saying Maria should kill Lara if possible since she once at least worked for Dreyfuss in a dystopia future. It showed her hatred towards Dreyfuss was as much as her hatred to Ara, and it went further after Dreyfuss was revealed to be a puppet for Ara as well.
LOTM: Los Reinas de Corazones
LOTM: SoK - Madness Sub Arc
Sword of Fire
Abilities & Skills
- Detonação - Maria Scorch her enemy with a burst of flames, causing damage in an area around her target.
- Flash Point Maria scorch the immediate area, damaging and knocking down nearby enemies.
- Quente - Maria ignite an infernal aura on her target, dealing damage over time. Enemies that wander too close also take damage over time.
- Imolação - Maria engulf herself in flames, protecting her from damage for a short time. Nearby enemies that attack her will be burned, taking damage over time.
- Destruição em Massa - Maria detonate a damaging blast of flames on her target and nearby enemies, causing massive explosion equal to 1000 tons of TNT.
- Reignition - Maria erupt in a searing pillar of flame, healing herself while knocking down nearby enemies and damaging them over time.
- Engulf - Maria enkindle her target and nearby enemies causing a small explosion at their feet, damaging and pushing them toward her.
- Stoke Flames - Maria conjure up restorative flames, healing herself over time. The intense heat sears nearby enemies, damaging them over time.
- Cañón de Fuego - Unleash a pyroclastic barrage against her enemies, each fire ball is hot enough to melt entire buildings in less than 30 seconds.
- Backdraft - Maria ignite an explosive backdraft, healing herself while damaging and pulling enemies toward her.
- Buela de Fogo - Maria shoots a small fire ball at her enemies, making a huge hole in the bodies with heat and implating magma inside of them.
- Ataque de Meteoritos - Every 18 seconds, Maria gains a flaming halo that can be expended to summon a giant meteor at her ground target location. She can summon 1 every .8 seconds. Ignites Noxious Fumes.
- Flaming Weapon - Maria uses her Fire Aura in her pistol and turns her bullets into flaming irons able to cut through the defense of Black Demons.
- Inferno - Maria ignite the area near her target, creating a field of roaring flames to damage enemies over time while melting down their feet until their heads.
- Absorb Heat - Maria can devour fire and eat sunlight to regain energy she lost in combat, making her an enemy extremely dangerous to fight at day.
- Combustion - After hitting with 4 Basic Attacks, Maria will gain an extra ability. On the next cast of Flame Wave or Rain Fire, all enemies hit by her abilities will be additionally set ablaze, taking damage every 5 seconds and spreading the flames like a disease to nearby enemies.
- Noxious Fumes - Maria summons a cloud of noxious fumes at her ground target location, doing damage every second. Firing any of Maria's abilities into the fumes detonates the gas, Stunning all enemies in the radius and implating poisonous gas in their skin.
- Flame Waves - Marioa summons a wave of fire in front of her that scorches all enemies in its path. Ignites Noxious Fumes.
- Path of Flames - Maria blazes a path forward in a quick dash, leaving flames trailing behind her. Any enemies passing through the flames catch fire and burn for damage every .5s for 2s. Ignites Noxious Fumes.
- Tempreture Up - While fighting against an opponent, Maria (as a spirit) is able to increase the amount of heat he produces with this technique. This technique has varying levels which include 3000 degrees celcius, 5,500 degrees celcius, and a maximum level of 10,000 degrees celcius. The more Maria raises her temperature, the redder her skin gets and the more dangerous her techniques become. At his maximum level of 10,000 degrees, Maria turns completely bright red orange and her face in particular turns golden yellow. Due to all of her equipments' heat immunity, the rising tempreture will not burn, melt, boil or vaporize anything wield and wear.
- Extreme Tempreture (Phoenix Form Only) - In her lava form or fire form, however, the maximnum level of tempreture will even increase into 20,000 degrees celcius and cause everything she touched to burn, vaporize or melt, and people who is near her in a zone apprximately 20m in radius will suffer terrible burnt. This is seldom used unless since it is the last resort.
- Maria will also take a form similar to a phoenix when using this ability.
- Extreme Tempreture (Phoenix Form Only) - In her lava form or fire form, however, the maximnum level of tempreture will even increase into 20,000 degrees celcius and cause everything she touched to burn, vaporize or melt, and people who is near her in a zone apprximately 20m in radius will suffer terrible burnt. This is seldom used unless since it is the last resort.
- Steam Iron - After heated herself up with heat magic, Maria slams her heated fist on her foe and inflict damage upon her enemy and cause great damage.
- Steam Iron, 10,000 Degrees (Seraph Form only) - A power-up version of Steam Iron which could be use to turn metal and rocks into molten states, and after that, Maria will slam the newly made magma onto her enemies.
- Steam Iron, 20,000 Degrees (Phoenix Form only)
- Heat Transferring - In combat, Maria can use her heat up ability to transfer heat to other people's weapons in order to make them too hot to hold.
- Photon Transformation - Due to her elemental choice of fire, magma, hor air and light, Maria could transform into photons as she wished, and those photons shall not be destroyed and would serves as attack or diversion until they merged back into Maria's copereal spirit form.
- Speed of Light - Maria makes her own body surrounded golden aura and proceeds to attack her enemies in speed of light, and with this kind of ability, Maria will give as much punches as she want to attack her foes.
- Light Sword - Maria's spiritual sword will turn into a form made of bright golden light and will have great power of destruction towards her enemy.
- Radiant Sphere - In this ability, Maria summons a spherical mass of light of variable size and intensity as a weapon or a source of lumination. Most commonly, it is approximately 85cm in diameter and emits 220 candelas of luminosity, but has been observed to grow to bigger sizes and brighter luminosity. Despite its ability to emit large amounts of light, the sphere emits no heat. It does not appear to be composed of any form of matter, and is able to pass through material barriers effortlessly.
- Radiance Explosion (Seraph Form & Phoenix Form Only) - Maria extended the light sphere into a larger and brigther one, up to 10m in diameter and emit over 100,000 candelas. She then controls the sphere and struck it towards her enemies, causing massive explosion.
A list of Future Maria's new technique included:
- Boiling Terror - Maria utilises powerful corrosive steam capable of heating and dissolving anything. She is also able to control the range and level of the vapour's acidity and tempreture. Not only is it dangerous to be near, but as being gaseous, it can cover a considerable range shortly, and go through small spaces. It also stays in the air, so it can potentially deal continuous damage if the enemy is trapped or knocked back into its range.
- Escudo de Lava (literally means "Coat of Lava") - Maria coated herself in lava to avoid being attacked by Raven's striking attack of the Ice of Blackness. She could also burnt anyone who tried to attack her with their fist.
- Frenesí de Lava (literally means "Frenzy of Lava") - Maria forms a weapon out of red hot lava and strikes with it, though she uses it in various ways. For her standard unique attack, she forms a broadsword and slashes down with it; her ranged attack involves her slashing outward in a turn, while her backwards unique attack involves forming an medium-pole-axe launch-slash his opponent with.
- La Tormenta de Lava (literally means "The Storm of Lava") - Maria rears back with arms out to form her magma gauntlets. She then performs a right-armed boxing uppercut that creates gusts of wind (hence the name) that launches her opponent, but when used as a standalone special move, he instead also follows up with a turning left-handed backfist into an advancing downward hook on the final turnaround which unleashes a horizontal wind tunnel and knocks the opponent away
During her fight against the Black Raven (corrupted Matt Butcher) in an attempt to make him feel power and fall into peace, Maria revealed her newly found power which she gained after she fully awakened her pyrokinesis and magmakinesis. In this state, all of Maria's awakened technique are her most dangerous technique that would cause everything beside her being influenced, even if they were to far away to be touched by her. Her surroundings would be also affected even if she never laid a finger on it.
For example, she could turn enemy fortress (made of rock and stone) beneath her into lava, forming magma claws while destroying enemy fortress in the process. She could also set tents on fire and control those flares in the progress.
Under her awakened state, Maria could also build a sensory network via the lava she released, being able to sense their movements and unleash them upon her enemies using her own mind. The lava released by Maria's power were beyond normal lava, being able to melt all kinds of metal and set everything on fire. Almost all of her awakened technique were named in Spanish.
- La Caída de Lava (literally means "the Fall of Lava") - The first sign of Maria's awakning state. In an attempt to bring Raven to rest in peace when he started to seal the entire Astaroth Empire in a Russian Winter, Maria devoured numerous metals in frenzy before turning herself into a walking furnace that melted those metal inside her stomach, forming a waterfall albeit made in lava. She vomitted out the molten lava she formed to deal a heavy destruction upon her enemies.
- Billow Naranja ("Naranja" means tangerine in Spanish) - Maria turned buildings into lava waves before sending them towards her opponent. This was used first during the final fight between her and Black Raven.
- Forever Naranja ("Naranja" means tangerine in Spanish)- Maria kneels and touches the ground with her hands before turning a vast amount of the surrounding area into magma.
- Aletea Lava (literally means "Flapping Lava") - Maria condenses the vast amount of lava from Forever Tangerine into countless points before sending them at her opponent in the formation of two wings. She likens this technique to "a thousand arrows". It is a reference to her trauma while she was forced to watch as Vento of the Front was killed by her doppelganger (controlled by Future Michael), who fired a thousand arrows at the real Vento.
- El Fuego del Cielo - Santo Municiones (literally means "The Fire of Heaven - Holy Ammunition") - This is Future Maria's Ultimate Attack. Maria summons sixteen thick heated strings made of flames which she refers to as "holy ammunition" and sends them at her opponent in a piercing formation. It is a reference to some informations she gathered from people oppresed by Astaroth Empire, including an old man who cried out that the members from the Researchers of Divine Hand shot his son sixteen times with a pistol right in front of him. She used it against Future Ara Astaroth personally, all the while saying the father who lost his son shall be one of the many to be avenged, and she wanted the punishment be as karmic as possible.
|LOTM: Sword of Kings AA - Raizen School Arc|
|Mana Takamiya (without Wizard powers)||100|
|La Folia Rihavein||40|
|Eckidina KnightWalker||6,000,000 (after Rise of Blue Haired Heroine)|
|Katarina Couteau (Rage mode)||90,000|
| LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow & Sword of Kings Crossover - The Corbin Files|
& LOTM: Witnesses of Sleepy Hollow Spin-Off - Firenza Junior
|Michael Langdon (as human)||4,444|
|Michael Langdon (as Blood Moon Wicked Form)||444,444|
|Maria Arzonia (as human)||4|
|Maria Arzonia (with flamethrower)||444|
|Maria Arzonia (as Cyborg)||1,000|
|Maria Arzonia (as Angel)||6,000,000→7,000,000|
|Sister Mary Eunice (as Spirit)||500|
|Sister Mary Eunice (as Angel)||13,000→23,000|
|Serilda of Abaddon||50,000|
|Matt Butcher (Blade of Karma Awakening)||8,000,000|
|Melancholia (as Dark Fairy)||5,000,000|
|Melancholia (as Supreme Croat)||9,000,000|
|LOTM: Sword of Kings AA Final - Eckidina Arc|
|The Fallen's Essence||230,000,000|
|Kanon Rihavein (as human)||5|
|Kanon Rihavein (as Angel)||200,000,000|
|Mercenary Tao - Fire Mode||1,000,000|
|Phantasm - 100%||2,000,000|
|Katarina Couteau (Form 2 - Berserk mode)||250,000,000,000|
|Emperor Tathagata Killer||166,000,000|
|La Folia Rihavein as Imperia Deamonne||453,000,000|
|Mana Takamiya (Wizard)||100,000,000|
|Morpheus D. Duvall||422,000,000,000|
|Elesis Du Tirial||300,000,000,000|
|Kyouko Kirigiri (with Artificial Demon Weapon||607,000|
|Yuuji Kazami (Captain Wataru)||34,000,000|
|Tomas Sev (controlled by Ara's Tao)||39,000,000,000,000,000|
|The Black King||324,000,000|
|Chronos the God of Time||999,999,999,999,999,999|
|The Fallen's Essence (Dragon form)||90,000,000|
|Aryana Westcott (full power)||970,000,000,000,000,000,000,000|
|Diabla the Qliphoth Tyrant (with Zenkai burst)||500,000,000|
|Maria Arzonia (corrupted by The Blackness)||39,000,000,000,000,000|
|Madness (with Zenkai burst)||5,000,000|
|Demonio (with Zenkai burst)||400,000,000|
|Diabla the Qliphoth Tyrant (Bodiless form)||100,000,000,000,000,000|
|Sephiria Arks KnightWalker (as Magician)||90,000,000|
|Lucy Sheev KnightWalker||1,000|
|Eckidina KnightWalker (fused with LN-666 Project)||200,000,000|
Astaroth Empire Rating
Ara's rating determined by the CIS Productions. From 0 to 1000.
- "You guys can't defend anything. I'll burn everything to ash!"
- "Men have this idea that they can fight with dignity, that there is a proper way to kill someone...it's absurd. We need that idea, to endure the bloody horror of murder. You must destroy this idea. Show them what a messy, terrible thing it is to kill a man, and show them that you relish in it. Shoot to wound, then execute the wounded, burn them, take them in close combat. Destroy any preconceptions as to what a man is and you become their personal monster...when they fear you, you become stronger, you become better."
- "Carl Robinson was right. It was my own stupid mistake to make me lose all of those I once loved. Now, I will not show mercy ever again. For the first time, I will show no mercy upon anyone who stand against us. In this world full of monsters, you have to join between the monsters so that you can destroy them. Allow me to do that."
- "Justice is a thing that would absolutely never be abused! Freedom and respect is everything! This malevolence that is consuming the world as we know it, Astaroth Empire... shall hear its own funeral bell. The judgement shall come, and Ara Astaroth shall die... No, I don't want her to die. I want her to suffer what I have suffered from her. Now, the whole universe is tainted in black. United we stand, and divided we fall. Together, we will overthrow this Dark Empire. We will send it to the deepest pits of Hell where it belonged!"
- "That Maria Arzonia had died 2,000 years ago when Ara Astaroth alongside many of her friends. Now, a reborn one shall take her legacy, and multiply it by ten. Everyday, people are dying. Then, it will not be the time for any senseless chit-chat! Now, we shall set sail and tear Astaroth Empire from its roots!"
- "How unlucky for you to meet me. I will be sure to leave no traces behind."
- "Did you see that?! The magma left behind... absolutely nothing!"
- "Prepare not only for my anger, but also prepare to be burned alive by magma!"
- "In my dreams, I smell a barbecue. I see children, a dog, and I see someone. I think I see someone. These things, none of it for me. I move by roarin' engines, among warriors. We come from the night."
- "This war is a disease. Passed through blood, spilled by warriors. I feel the winds from the gathering storm."
- "They set the world on fire. It wasn't a war anymore; it was a remaking. Some losses are inevitable. Some... unthinkable. Now they've built a new world. Armies of steel and thunder. They're rewriting history. But they forgot about me."
- "Sometimes Christmas... sometimes birthdays... sometimes mayhem, suffering and death... sometimes you just need to feel... something good."
- "Steel. Stone. Concrete for miles. I wonder if there's anything in this world worth saving. Desolation. Tyranny. Enemy of endless might. I wonder if I have any friends left standing. It comes down to it, I'll fight alone. But I'll promise you this: friends, if this is where they're keeping you. I will find you, and set you free."
- "Here's how this is going to work. I'm gonna ask you one question. You're gonna answer that question in a way *I* find satisfactory and if you do not, I'll saw your head off with this here appliance, you hear me? So here it comes: Where are you people keeping the captured resistance fighters?"
- "Knife's out, time to die."
- "There is no victory without sacrifice. Like previous socialists, there is no justice or ideology without a bloody battle to gain power."
- "You all are the disease but I am the cure!"
- "Destroy the weak! If you can't fight then there is no place for you in this world!"
- "I have become justice itself!"
- "I miss you all... guys."
- "You thought you could destroy the land but not suffer the consequences?"
- "This is no longer a democracy!! We have to act with iron fists!"
- "This war is not about right or left! Nor capitalism, socialism, nazism, communism, fascism or anarchism! This war is about survival of the fittest!!"
- "I ceased to believe in God when he abandoned me. After all did in His name, all kindness I offered to this world and all suffering I had to endure, He left me! Not a even a word! He left me to perish in this hellish world! That's why He died! Ara invaded his sand castle and killed Him and threw His head in the Lake of Fire! He was defeated because He was not fit to be the Supreme Ruler of all existence! If He had decided to kill Ara at that very moment! 10 billion of years ago! She would be dead and nothing of this would have happened! He deserved it! Serve Him right! Kindness cannot save the world! You must answer with fire; fire against fire!"
- "You think you will save peopke with flowers and peaceful words! Look around! If you want to have peace then FIGHT for it!"
- "Death will serve you nicely."
- "The only God I see here is Ara herself. Your God abandoned you unlike Ara who appears before her people."
- "Family... Friends... Lover... Matt... I lost all of it! I did not deserve it!"
- "My revenge will be served!"
- - Maria: Justice is served!
- - Imperia: YOU KILLED HIM! HE WAS A CHILD!
- - Maria: He was a demon! Just it! They are nothing different from each other! Same scum! Same malice! From children to elderly! All monsters like Vira and Ara's minions!
- - Imperia: MARIA! OPEN YOUR EYES! YOU ARE DESTROYING INNOCENT LIVES BEING FORCED TO FIGHT IN WARS IN ARA'S NAME!
- - Maria: My eyes are open! If they went to war so be it! War never changes! It's just a piece of shit incident where is blood is split on the ground! Soldiers with families and innocent lives lost their lives! If you want win a war you must took lives of thousands! Look around, LA FOLIA RIHAVEIN! This is my world! A world of WAR!
- "Beg for mercy when you see Ara on Hell!"
- - Maria: Ideology is stronger than blood!
- - Ara: I have been on Earth for thousand of years and only communists North Koreans under the regime of Stalin would say such thing. Hmm... Now you looks like a true warrior! I think it's time for you to join me!
- - Maria: The only place I'll join you is in Hell where I can torture you for all eternity!!
- "Friends or foes? That's something... you'll have to decide on your own!"
- "The media in Astaroth likes to portray me as a senseless killer. I would point out that I am a very sensible killer."
Quotes about Future Maria
- "I just heard of a Spanish lady who slayed Astaroth demons and free people from their territory. Her name is, well... something Spanish." - Albert Apple
- "If anyone like her still stands, we will be never find our peace. Maria is no longer that soft. I have fought against her for many years and I knew her change in these years much better than you all. We have take her friends away from her, and she wants us to pay blood with blood. If that's what she wished, then I will make sure that her wish shall never come true." - Future Michael Langdon
- "You're a monster, Maria Arzonia... You're nothing different from us. Taking the life of a person for your own goals, no matter how benevolent of cruel it is, it still a murder. Even if this person is the most cold-hearted being on existence, it's still a murder; a mere act of taking other's life. A sin. You're LIKE US! You're no saint, nor us." - B1-Killer Kampfdroide Unit-CM 130
- "Anyone who abandons his reason, and lives only by hatred, is a monster!" - Vira
- "I am a liberator! No longer must we serve the filthy parasite. No longer need we gaze upon his waddling gait polluting the purity of our bloodline. No longer will we tolerate his primitive brain and violent impulses. Oh, terrorists. Do you not see that my cause is just? Do you not see that there is no place for you in this world?" - Ara Astaroth's message to Maria
- "General Maria, help me make a choice. Which one of these 2 varieties will best support my research? I have inadequate room for samples, should you decline my appeal, I'll put a scalpel in them and we'll be here all day. I'll make things, simple. All you need to do is look to the one, you will have me dissect." - B1-Killer Kampfdroide Unit CM 130
- "No matter how many soldiers or demons throught my empire you murder, how much concrete you shatter, you will never soil my legacy. I have willed into existence a new age. An age of reason. Of purity. Of strength. Your legacy is nothing but a common impulse of anger. No different from the gorilla in the jungle beating his chest. And even less impressive." - Ara Astaroth
- "People like you. All you peddle is death and destruction. I would ask you to consider: In the end we will be judged. Not by what we have destroyed...but what we have created!" - Aryana Westcott
- "London. Gibraltar. The Moon. The labor of a million honest men shattered by senseless saboteurs. And now you strike at the very foundation of civilization itself. Why is it, your kind thrives on cowardice and evil? I know why. The answer is found in your deformed physiognomy. Your contorted organs and your biologically inferior cognitive faculties. I know. I have cut holes and looked." - Petelgeuse Romanee-Conti
- "Your cruelty is endless, Arzonia. Honest, hardworking men onboard that zeppelin. Men with families. Children... Have you no shame? A shocking display of evil! Fufufufufufu..." - Krol Barbaro
- "Death and destruction. Is that all you are? Terrorist!" - Burckhardt
- "A rebellion is righteous? The rulers are evil? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!" - Future Michael Langdon
Angel of Death
LOTM: Los Reinas de Corazones
LOTM: Sword of Kings - Madness Sub Arc
LOTM: Star Spangled Crown
Theme Song 2
Arzonia Family Vs. Leohart's Cult theme
Maria Vs. Ara Astaroth theme
Maria Vs. Vira theme
Unit-CM 130's torture theme
Rise of Qliphoth era theme
Maria's Ascension to Alliance theme
Maria meeting the Rogues
Astaroth Future theme
Astaroth Empire's Capital theme
Maria's Insanity theme
Maria Vs. Black Raven
Maria Vs. Black Raven - aftermatch theme
Maria Vs. Black Mask
Future Maria's Death theme
- Unlike the original Maria who spoke no profane, Future Maria behave much ruder and use swear words when she was angry due to her personality was changed.
- Her nickname, Angel of Death, is a direct reference to Azrael. Azrael is an angel in the Abrahamic religions. He is often identified with the Angel of Death of the Hebrew Bible. Depending on the outlook and precepts of various religions in which he is a figure, Azrael may be portrayed as residing in the Third Heaven. In one description, he has four faces and four thousand wings, and his whole body consists of eyes and tongues whose number corresponds to the number of people inhabiting the Earth. He will be the last to die, recording and erasing constantly in a large book the names of men at birth and death, respectively. There is no reference to Azrael in the Bible, and he is not regarded as either a canonical or a non-canonical figure in Christianity. However, a story in 2 Esdras (a book not deemed canonical by the Catholic, Protestant and most Orthodox Churches) which is part of the Apocrypha, has the story of a scribe and judge named Ezra (not to be confused with the Biblical figure Ezra), also sometimes written "Azra" in different languages. Azra was visited by the Archangel Uriel and given a list of laws and punishments he was to adhere to and enforce as judge over his people. Azra was later recorded in the Apocrypha as having entered Heaven "without tasting death's taint". Depending on various Christian religious views, it could be taken as Ezra ascending to angelic status. This would add the suffix "el" to his name, which denotes a heavenly being (e.g. Michael, Raphael, Uriel). Hence, it would be Ezrael/Azrael. Later books also state a scribe named Salathiel, who was quoted as saying, "I, Salathiel, who is also Ezra". Again, depending on certain views of Christian spirituality, this could be seen as angelic influence from Ezrael/Azrael on Salathiel.
- Ironically, her birthday (the day she lost her sanity) falls on "I Want You To Be Happy" Day.
- Her powers are very different from her abilities of her old self that were most used to defense, healing and offensive abilities to a quick death. The fire powers of Future Maria are a reference to Agni that updated her abilities to caused less damage but extreme pain to make her enemies suffer from extreme agony as magma devour their insides.
- Agni means fire, and connotes the Vedic fire god of Hinduism. Agni also refers to one of the guardian deities of direction, who is typically found in southeast corners of Hindu temples. In classical cosmology of Indian religions, Agni as fire has been one of the five inert impermanent constituents (Dhatus) along with space (Akasa), water (Ap), air (Vayu) and earth (Prithvi), the five combining to form the empirically perceived material existence. In the Vedic literature, Agni is a major and oft invoked god along with Indra and Soma. Agni is considered as the mouth of the gods and goddesses, and the medium that conveys offerings to them in a homa (votive ritual). He is conceptualized in ancient Hindu texts to exist at three levels, on earth as fire, in atmosphere as lightning, and in the sky as sun. This triple presence connects him as the messenger between gods and human beings in the Vedic thought. The relative importance of Agni declined in the post-Vedic era, as he was internalized and his identity evolved to metaphorically represent all transformative energy and knowledge in the Upanishads and later Hindu literature
- In Madness Sub Arc, when Liz spoke to Maria through a statue, she said only erradication awaited her at the end of her journey. This turned out to be true after the Rogues returned to the past and managed to kill the Past Ara, thus destroying the twisted future where Astaroth Empire ruled over everything but later it was discovered Future Maria still alive inside of her old self, much like how the Past Michael Langdon managed to fuse himself with the Future Michael.
- Maria is one of the 5 Alliance's members on the Astaroth Empire's most-wanted list, taking the post of the 2nd most wanted "terrorist" in Astaroth Hell. Curiously, all of them are women.
- Nu Wa
- Maria Arzonia
- Selina Strawberry
- Kyouko Kirigiri - exterminated
- Katya - exterminated
- Future Maria is possibly left-handed, although her left-handedness is assumed since she has only ever been seen using a weapon in her left hand. This usage is in contrast to Old Maria, who is shown using right hands to fight and do daily things. Left-handedness once had a historical association with evil or bad luck.
- In Firenza Junior and Saga AA, there are several forshadowing in Maria's Future Form taking form.
- Whenever Maria went wrathful, she will become no less violent or brutal than Carl, and she would also almost let out the obscene words just before she could restrain herself.
- Maria also turned more and more unstable after Carl Robinson turned against her, as she would easily get fraustrated and even bursted into tears of sadness when her emotions went out of control.
- Maria angrily slapped Magilou and beated her as soon as she was infuriated by the latter, in spite of she later restrain herself and apologized to Magilou.
- Maria showed truly dark streak when she allowed a redeemed Carl to execute Nio Hashiri in his own cruel way, who was truly responsible for the demise Carl's foster parents and friends, though she closed her eyes hard to avoid seeing the gore when Nio was ripped apart. This is the first time Maria never commented on Carl's brutal tendency.
- Maria said there're several negative elements inside her blood, also saying that she felt there was always a beast hidden inside her heart. She never knew why, but she attempted to control her dark side so that none of them would hurt.
- Even after Future Maria was erased alongside the Astaroth Hell after Ara's demise, there're still plots in later LOTM: WoSH entries, when Future Maria was briefly shown in Maria's illusions. There're also times that Maria herself gone unstable, as if some traces of Future Maria was taking over her mainstream counterpart once again. This is justified as Future Maria is born from Maria's own dark side and could possibly be reborn if Maria had lost control in her personality. However, this is unlikely due to the following suffering Maria endured in Sleepy Hollow was nothing compared to that from Ara and her minions, who slaughtered all of Maria's sworn family in Rise of the Qliphoth era. In spite of this, many main villains tried to break Maria's mind (like how they tried to do to Ichabod) and make her into such a person, so that they can seize the chance to control Maria before she became uncontrollable.
- It all started inside Maria's mind palace while fighting against Michael Langdon in their final battle in Anti-Christ Saga. Michael used his Nether Ability to showed the Astaroth Hell scene to Maria. It was revealed that Michael preserved his future counterpart's remaining power as well as his memory in the Crystal of Nether Sorensen the Demon Prince, and all of this would be reserved for Maria once their final started, so that he could plundge Maria into despair once again before allowing her to become a Zodiac Demon under his command. This eventually failed when Carl Robinson helped Maria get out of the illusion.
- In Rose and Lolth Saga, deep inside Jasmine Porcelain's Web of Illusions, Maria was tormented by Porcelain's Mind Rape to see Matt being burned in a manner similar to Joan of Arc's execution, before a true-to-life illusion of Vento of the Front (created by Porcelain by using Maria's memory of Vento herself) had appeared in front of her, bringing Matt's head to her. This made her briefly taken over by her dark side again and burnt down the webs, causing Future Maria appeared very briefly making Porcelain hoisted by her own petard. Maria later returned to normal once she found Matt was alive and well.
- In Dreyfuss Saga, Maria had an illusion of her Future Counterpart taking form (only for a brief period of time) when she learnt that Ichabod Crane and Lara Thomas was about to look for the Astaroth King in order to put an end to Malcolm Dreyfuss' evil plots. However, she managed to calm herself down in spite of against such an idea, saying that Astaroth King - as Maria knew it was Ara - was far more dangerous than Dreyfuss, and is no less dangerous as Moloch.
- In Sabbat Saga, Maria was forced to release her awakening Elemental Power (like those of Future Maria had mastered) temporarily in order to destroy Sascha Vykos, even if the awakening has its side effects, as it would make Maria more prone to a Blood Knight. Even so, Maria still tried to restrain herself not to fall into a sociopath like her Future Counterpart. For a brief period of time, Maria changed into the same appearance of her future counterpart, with the same expression, but fortunately, this time it isn't permenant.
- However, this should never considered as Future Maria was reborn, as such circumstances will only happen when Maria permenantly and fully transformed into Future Maria, like in Astaroth Future. After all of those torments above, Maria still remains her major innoncent personality unchanged with her control of personality. Even after all of the torments above, Maria was never taken over by Future Maria's personality permanantly as shown in LOTM: LRdlC. In fact, this is justfied as seeing what Lord Helio had become helped Maria to control her inner darkness harder.
- Future Maria's personality of being a wrathful, ruthless and sociopathic person was an allusion to the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland, who was infamous for her violent temper and her ruthless personality. The title of the storyline with her as protagonist means "the Queen of Hearts" in Spanish.
- Future Maria's nickname, Angel of Death, was given by Ara herself for losing her holy light and becoming a wicked and sinner Guide Spirit with her new sociopathic and extremist character. Previously, Ara often referred Maria as "Spirit" or "Holy Maria" as a reference to Virgin Mary.
- Maria is called Shinigami, meaning God of Death in Japanese due how the story is related to several Japanese and Chinese mythology contents. This is often replaced with"Grim Reaper", a more Western personification of death.
- Maria currently has the most background musics in LOTM: LRdC.
- Future Maria seems to dislikes needles to the point it becomes a phobia. Amazingly, this is one of the fears of Katarina Couteau who shares many traits with Future Maria.
- Inside of Maria's glove it has the German words, "Gott Mit Uns", which translates to "God With Us". Interestingly, those words were used by the German military until the end of World War II, and during the Nazi era by the Wehrmacht (the regular German army) whereas the Nazi Waffen-SS used "Meine Ehre heißt Treue", which means "Loyalty is my Honor", instead.
- Maria suffers from haphephobia for much of her years in the future, having developed the phobia after she was touched by Ara many times and her limbs became darker due to the Blackness' exposition. During this time, only Selina's touch manages to escape her immediate ire.
- Even after her corruption, Maria has expressed a seeming belief in a "God" but bears no reverence or respect for such since she only saw Him once but after her corruption she started to doubt his existence and thought he was only an illusion for allowing all horrible things that happened to the omniverse without acting. On the contrary, she would like nothing more than for the entity to "leave [her] the hell alone".
- The character of whom she was based of is Florence Nightingale from Fate/Grand Order. Florence Nightingale, was an English social reformer and statistician, and the founder of modern nursing. Nightingale came to prominence while serving as a manager of nurses trained by her during the Crimean War, where she organised the tending to wounded soldiers. She gave nursing a highly favourable reputation and became an icon of Victorian culture, especially in the persona of "The Lady with the Lamp" making rounds of wounded soldiers at night. Amazingly enough, during the Crimean war, Nightingale she nained the nickname "The Lady with the Lamp" from a phrase in a report in The Times: She is a "ministering angel" without any exaggeration in these hospitals, and as her slender form glides quietly along each corridor, every poor fellow's face softens with gratitude at the sight of her. When all the medical officers have retired for the night and silence and darkness have settled down upon those miles of prostrate sick, she may be observed alone, with a little lamp in her hand, making her solitary rounds. She was often referred as "white angel", "angel of light", "the real angel of Crimeia" and so go on. The current Maria is an angel but total polar inverse of what people would call "good" and "light".
- Future Maria has a habit of touching her chin with her left hand when she is hiding something. This habit appears to be subconscious, as she still does it even after she is alive inside of Past Maria.
- Beginning with the Madness Sub Arc, Maria has been repeatedly associated with the number "12" in most of her appearances such as being the 12th character to speak in an episode, the 12 number drawn in a wall beside her, her room having the 12 number in its door and a 12 drawn in her weapon. This is a reference to the tarot card The Hanged Man (XII).
- Maria compares herself to Gregor Samsa, the unfortunate protagonist of Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis. In Madness Sub Arc, she briefly discusses Kafka's A Crossbreed with Imperia Deamonne — another story with strong parallels to her situation of total despair and no hope.
- Both Maria and Katarina went through similar torture methods and were both completely changed from their previous selves. Katarina turned into psychotic killer (Red Moon Tyrant) who killed more for fun, while Maria became cold and ruthless, but retained her desire to protect her friends. This can be explained by how Katarina was already mentally disturbed before her torture.
- Unlike her Past self, Future Maria turned Blackness into her source of power and could freely manipulate it according to her will. When Ara discovered that, she was deeply impressed and said her hatred and inhumanity were so strong that she broke her limits and became the first Death Spirit of the omniverse. Amazingly, the Blackness is extremely dangerous to Guide Spirits, Gods, Angels, Spirits and divine beings who came into contact witht this element.
Isabella I of Castile
Isabella I (Spanish: Isabel I de Castilla, Old Spanish: Ysabel I; 22 April 1451 – 26 November 1504) was Queen of Castile. She was married to Ferdinand II of Aragon. Their marriage became the basis for the political unification of Spain under their grandson, Holy Roman Emperor Charles V. After a struggle to claim her right to the throne, she reorganized the governmental system, brought the crime rate to the lowest it had been in years, and unburdened the kingdom of the enormous debt her brother had left behind.
Her reforms and those she made with her husband had an influence that extended well beyond the borders of their united kingdoms. Isabella and Ferdinand are known for completing the Reconquista, ordering conversion or exile of their Muslim and Jewish subjects in the Spanish Inquisition, and for supporting and financing Christopher Columbus' 1492 voyage that led to the opening of the New World and to the establishment of Spain as the first global power which dominated Europe and much of the world for more than a century. Isabella was granted the title Servant of God by the Catholic Church in 1974.
Prince Pyotr Alexeyevich Kropotkin (/kroʊˈpɒtkɪn, krə-/; Russian: Пётр Алексе́евич Кропо́ткин; December 9, 1842 – February 8, 1921) was a Russian activist, scientist, and philosopher, who advocated anarchism.
Born into an aristocratic land-owning family, he attended a military school and later served as an officer in Siberia, where he participated in several geological expeditions. He was imprisoned for his activism in 1874 and managed to escape two years later. He spent the next 41 years in exile in Switzerland, France (where he was imprisoned for almost 4 years) and in England. He returned to Russia after the Russian Revolution in 1917 but was disappointed by the Bolshevik form of state socialism.
Kropotkin was a proponent of a decentralised communist society free from central government and based on voluntary associations of self-governing communities and worker-run enterprises. He wrote many books, pamphlets and articles, the most prominent being The Conquest of Bread and Fields, Factories and Workshops, and his principal scientific offering, Mutual Aid: A Factor of Evolution. He also contributed the article on anarchism to the Encyclopædia Britannica Eleventh Edition, and left unfinished a work on anarchist ethical philosophy.
Guy Fawkes (/ˈɡaɪ ˈfɔːks/; 13 April 1570 – 31 January 1606), also known as Guido Fawkes, the name he adopted while fighting for the Spanish, was a member of a group of provincial English Catholics who planned the failed Gunpowder Plot of 1605.
Fawkes was born and educated in York. His father died when Fawkes was eight years old, after which his mother married a recusant Catholic. Fawkes converted to Catholicism and left for the continent, where he fought in the Eighty Years' War on the side of Catholic Spain against Protestant Dutch reformers in the Low Countries. He travelled to Spain to seek support for a Catholic rebellion in England without success. He later met Thomas Wintour, with whom he returned to England.
Wintour introduced Fawkes to Robert Catesby, who planned to assassinate King James I and restore a Catholic monarch to the throne. The plotters leased an undercroft beneath the House of Lords, and Fawkes was placed in charge of the gunpowder they stockpiled there. Prompted by the receipt of an anonymous letter, the authorities searched Westminster Palace during the early hours of 5 November, and found Fawkes guarding the explosives. Over the next few days, he was questioned and tortured, and eventually he confessed. Immediately before his execution on 31 January, Fawkes fell from the scaffold where he was to be hanged and broke his neck, thus avoiding the agony of the mutilation that followed.
Fawkes became synonymous with the Gunpowder Plot, the failure of which has been commemorated in Britain since 5 November 1605. His effigy is traditionally burned on a bonfire, commonly accompanied by a fireworks display.
Fidel Castro (August 13th, 1926 - November 25th, 2016) was the leftist leader of Communist Cuba. He was the son of a wealthy farmer and was an important proponent of Fulgencia's overthrowing. He had been known to try to assassinate the leader as well. He allied with the Soviet Union, and the CIA tried to assassinate him, including the Bay of Pigs invasion of 1961. After the CIA failed, the Soviet Union gave Cuba permission to use nuclear missiles. This resulted in the Cuban Missile Crisis, where the United States eventually needed to agree that it would never invade Russia and Cuba and that they would never use the missiles.
He was an authoritarian figure who was Marxist Communist and believed in anti-fascism, (ironically his rule was completely indistinguishable from fascism) welfare, socialism, and no businesses. His idea was to have the government control all manufacturing. While many believed him to be a hero who was combatting conservatism, he actually abused his powers. Fidel Castro’s regime jailed and tortured political prisoners at a higher rate than Stalin’s during the Great Terror, murdered more Cubans in its first three years in power than Hitler’s murdered Germans during its first six and came closest of anyone in history to starting a worldwide Nuclear war.
In the above process Fidel Castro converted a nation with a higher per-capita income than half of Europe and a huge influx of immigrants into one that repels Haitians and boasts the highest suicide rate in the Western Hemisphere. It's implied 50,000 people were killed and tortured during his regime for standing up against the communist revolution in Cuba.
Oliver Cromwell was a military leader and later Lord Protector of England. After the execution of Charles I after the English Civil War Cromwell ruled England under religious rule and banned several things including: Christmas Halloween, Theatre, Pubs Sport, Make up Hot food on a sunday, all music, even church hymns (although he secretly enjoyed listening to music in private), bear bating, and other forms of entertainment, Swearing, Public kissing, going to church on Christmas day.
Cromwell used his army to police the country and enforce these laws, harsh punishments were administered to anyone who dared break them. He also sort to destroy Catholic influence in England, hence why he outlawed Christmas. Upon his invasion of Ireland to prevent the future King Charles II gaining an army there, he went on a near genocial campain to exterminate the Irish, whipping out upto one quater of the population through warfare, extermination and famine caused by burning there crops. To this day mentioning Cromwells name in Ireland is likely to prevoke a violent reaction.
Cromwell however did do some good things, he removed much of the feudal influence from the country. Although he did not make it democratic as some have claimed, he quickly got rid of Palliment when the disagreed with him (the exact same thing that King Charles I had done to start the civil war). He was also a skilled General and is considered one of the best English Millitary leaders ever, as such he is often held by the scholars to be ranked with likes of Malborough and Wellington. He also invited the Jews back to England, following them being kicked out almost 400 years earlier by King Edward I.
Abu Bakr al-Baghadi
Abū Bakr al-Baghdadi is the leader of the Sunni Salafi jihadist militant terrorist organisation known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), which controls territory in several countries. The group has been designated a terrorist organisation by the United Nations, as well as by the European Union and many individual states. In June 2014, he was elected by the majlis al-shura (consultative council or Shura council), representing the ahl al-hall wal-aqd of the Islamic State, to be their caliph, which he claims to be.
On 4 October 2011, the U.S. State Department added al-Baghdadi to the Specially Designated Nationals List and announced a reward of up to US$10 million for information or intelligence leading to his capture or death. On 16 December 2016, the U.S. increased the reward to $25 million equal to the reward being offered for the leader of al-Qaeda, Ayman al-Zawahiri. Authorities within the United States have also accused al-Baghdadi of kidnapping, enslaving, and repeatedly raping an American, Kayla Mueller, who ISIL later falsely alleged was killed in a Jordanian airstrike.
Various reports of Baghdadi's death, injury, or arrest have surfaced over time, but none have been confirmed by independent reliable sources.
Zumbi dos Palmares
The life of Zumbi in 1655 is celebrated on this date. He was an Afro Brazilian abolitionist and soldier.
Zumbi pronounced: "Zoom-bee") was an Afro-Brazilian slave and one of the most famous leaders of Palmares. As a child he was given to a missionary, Father Antonio Melo at age 6. Baptized Francisco Zumbi, he was taught the sacraments, learned Portuguese and Latin, and helped with daily mass. Despite attempts to "convert" him, Zumbi escaped in 1670 and, at the age of 15, returned to his birthplace. Zumbi became known for his physical prowess and cunning in battle and was a respected military strategist by the time he was in his early twenties.
In 1678, the governor of the captaincy of Pernambuco offered its leader Ganga Zumba freedom for all runaway slaves if Palmares would submit to Portuguese authority, a proposal which Ganga Zumba favored. Zumbi rejected the deal and challenged Ganga Zumba's leadership. Vowing to continue the resistance to Portuguese oppression, Zumbi became the new leader of Palmares. Fifteen years later, Portugual mounted an artillery assault on the quilombo. On February 6, 1694, after 67 years of ceaseless conflict with the cafuzos, or Maroons, (a Portuguese term describing the first generation offspring of a Black African and an Amerindian) of Palmares, the Portuguese destroyed Cerca do Macaco.
Zumbi was wounded, betrayed, captured almost two years later and immediately executed (beheaded) on November 20, 1695. Today, November 20 is celebrated, chiefly in Rio de Janeiro, as a day of national pride. The day has special meaning for Afro-Brazilians, who honor him as a hero, freedom fighter, and a symbol of freedom. Zumbi was the last of the leaders of Quilombo dos Palmares, in the present-day state of Alagoas, Brazil. Despite his heroic deeds, Zumbi was also charged for slavery and mass murder himself, slaving other slaves from bourgeois and farmers and torturing rich people.
Sasuke Uchiha (うちはサスケ, Uchiha Sasuke) is one of the last surviving members of Konohagakure's Uchiha clan. After his older brother, Itachi, slaughtered their clan, Sasuke made it his mission in life to avenge them by killing Itachi. He is added to Team 7 upon becoming a ninja and, through competition with his rival and best friend, Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke starts developing his skills.
Dissatisfied with his progress, he defects from Konoha so that he can acquire the strength needed to exact his revenge. His years of seeking vengeance and his actions that followed become increasingly demanding, irrational and isolates him from others, leading him to be branded as an international criminal. After learning the truth of his brother's sacrifice and later proving instrumental in ending the Fourth Shinobi World War and being happily redeemed by Naruto, Sasuke decides to return to Konoha and dedicates his life to help protect the village and its inhabitants becoming referred to as the "Supporting Kage" (支う影, Sasaukage)
Akame, also known as Akame of the Demon Sword Murasame, is the titular deuteragonist, alongside Tatsumi, and lead anti-heroine of the manga series Akame ga Kill!, as well as the main protagonist of the prequel manga Akame ga Kill! Zero. Originally sold to the Empire along with her sister Kurome to be trained as an assassin, Akame eventually defected to the rebels when she was sent to assassinate General Najenda, the leader of Night Raid and joined them to overthrow the corrupt monarchy.
Akame appears to be a very serious and coldhearted person which stems from her hellish training that the Empire forced her and her sister through, but it is eventually revealed that she is just socially awkward. She cares about her comrades very much and she is always worried that one of them may not make it out alive. When Tatsumi fought Ogre, she stripped him of his clothes to check his body for wounds.
She also tends to hide her emotions when it is revealed that a comrade dies, such as seen with Sheele, making Tatsumi mistakenly and incorrectly assume that she deals with it easily, because she is used to it. However, this prompts her to break into tears saying that she can never be fine when she loses a friend, for it is the most horrible thing of which anyone can experience. She is then comforted by a sorry Tatsumi who resolves to not die and never let her experience such pain again, making her smile. Upon facing her enemies however, she shows absolutely no mercy towards them shouting words such as "eliminate" and "consign" to show the lack of mercy she has and also to strengthen her resolve to kill them.
Guts, renowned by his epithet the "Black Swordsman", is a former mercenary and branded wanderer who peregrinates the world in constant internal struggle between pursuing his own ends and protecting those precious to him.
At one time driven solely by his will to survive, Guts finds purpose in life upon joining the Band of the Falcon, aiding greatly in the faction's storied successes during the Hundred Year War as the Falcons' Raiders Captain. He eventually becomes dissatisfied with clinging on to Griffith's dream, and defects from the Falcons in pursuit of his own dream. Following the horrors of the Eclipse prompted by Griffith, however, he becomes preoccupied with exacting revenge on the White Falcon and embittered on his one-track quest for retribution. He in time realizes protecting his regressed lover is more important to him, as well as something he cannot do alone, and thus seemingly abandons his quest for revenge while fostering camaraderie with new companions.
Known for his air of austerity, Guts is a gruff, cynical man holding an overall bleak outlook on life. This is a consequence of having endured waves of suffering and numerous betrayals since his youth, with nearly all highlights of his life having, in time, become lows. In spite of his guarded, brooding exterior, he has always been soft-hearted and, ultimately, a kind and caring individual. Even as his inner darkness festers deep within him and its temptation becomes increasingly harder to resist, he retains his empathy and compassion, refusing to completely discard his humanity.
Magneto (real name: Magnus Erikson) is a powerful mutant and villain from the Marvel series, X-Men. He is the archenemy of the X-Men, as an anti-villain on many occasions. Despite once being close friends with Professor Xavier, the two became enemies when Xavier championed the co-existence of mutant and human kind working together. To Magneto, a Holocaust survivor who had seen and felt first-hand the worst ways human beings could treat those they deemed different, such a system was impossible and he instead championed a violent and destructive pro-mutant stance, one which saw humans as the enemy in a genetic war and promoted the idea that mutants should become the dominant species on Earth. In addition to his traditional role as the adversary of the X-Men, Magneto has fought against several other heroes and villains in the Marvel universe, and also fought with both the X-Men and other heroes on numerous occasions, even becoming the leader of the X-Men for an extended period of time, all to achieve his goal of protecting mutantkind.
He is the father of the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, both of whom were originally part of his terrorist organization known as the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (later referred to simply as the Brotherhood, as Magneto became a more morally "grey" character). It is later discovered that he has another daughter with his powers; Lorna Dane, also known as Polaris.
Though Magneto is a villain against the X-Men group, he has since in the comics joined them a lot of times, even becoming a hero himself, though he is not a supervillain due to his morals - he is an Anti-Hero because he protects mutants from humans at any cost. Several times, he could be compared to civil-rights leader Malcolm X.
Zatanna Zatara is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published DC Comics. The character was created by Julius Schwartz, Gardner Fox and Murphy Anderson, and first appeared in Hawkman #4 (November 1964).
Zatanna is both a stage magician and an actual magician, like her father Giovanni "John" Zatara. As such she has many of her father's powers relating to magic, typically controlled by speaking the words of her incantations spelled backwards. She is known for her involvement with the Justice League, her retconned childhood association with Batman, and her crossing of the Vertigo line with characters such as romantic partner John Constantine.
Zatanna is a superhero and one of the greatest magic-users in the DC Universe. Her father is the legendary magician Zatara and she works hard to live up to his legacy. The traditional method of spell-casting she uses involves speaking words and sentences backwards. In addition to her career as a hero, she is also a very notable stage performer. She has been a member of the Justice League of America, the Sentinels of Magic, and the Seven Soldiers.
Galen Marek, pronounced /ɡeɪlən ˈmæɹɛk/ and codenamed Starkiller, was a male Human apprentice of the Sith Lord Darth Vader. A powerful Force-user who lived during the era of the Galactic Empire, Marek originated from the Wookiee home planet of Kashyyyk as the sole offspring of two Jedi Knights—Mallie and Kento Marek—who deserted the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars. Following the death of his mother, the young Marek's father was killed in battle by Darth Vader. Though only a child, Marek possessed an exceptionally strong connection to the Force that the Dark Lord of the Sith sought to exploit.
Thus, Darth Vader abducted Marek in order to train the orphan in the ways of the Sith Order. Although the Sith were limited to only two members at any given time, Vader nonetheless trained Marek as a secret apprentice during his own apprenticeship to Darth Sidious, the Sith Lord who ruled the galaxy as Emperor Palpatine. The physical and psychological trauma of Vader's unforgiving training regimen resulted in Marek's immersion within the dark side of the Force as his Master intended. With his childhood memories suppressed and his original identity forgotten, Marek only knew himself as the Dark Lord's apprentice; a Sith assassin who operated under the codename "Starkiller" and a living weapon to be deployed against the enemies of Darth Vader. In addition to the assassination of numerous targets that included Vader's many rivals, the apprentice trained for years in preparation for the day when he would be ready to aid his Master in a confrontation with Darth Sidious.
This singular goal became Starkiller's obsession as he longed to become a true Sith Lord. The pinnacle of Starkiller's training saw him deployed against Jedi targets for the first time in his life in 3 BBY and culminated in victories against the fugitive Jedi Masters Rahm Kota, Kazdan Paratus and Shaak Ti. With the death of Ti, one of the few members of the Jedi High Council who survived Order 66, Darth Vader declared that the time had come to execute their plan to overthrow the Emperor. Elated at the prospect of finally fulfilling his sole purpose in life, Starkiller rendezvoused with Vader on the Executor only to be betrayed and severely wounded by his Master who claimed that Sidious's spies had discovered the existence of the secret apprentice. Pressured by the Emperor, Vader demonstrated his loyalty by seemingly killing Starkiller. In truth, the betrayal was a ruse that allowed Vader to save his apprentice's life.
Saw Gerrera was a human male Onderonian resistance fighter who, as a leading member of the Onderon rebels, fought against the Confederacy of Independent Systems on Onderon during the Clone Wars. He and his sister, Steela Gerrera, were instrumental in the rebel liberation of their homeworld during the Onderonian Civil War. He later became a key member in the fight against the Galactic Empire and the formation of the Alliance to Restore the Republic. His tactics against the Empire led him to be seen as an extremist, one whose notoriety was recognized by the Empire and, many years later, the New Republic.
In the early resistance against the Separatist Alliance on Onderon, Gerrera and his fellow soldiers were outnumbered and out-fought by the Separatist Droid Army. They requested help from the Jedi High Council, which led the Grand Army of the Republic in its fight against the Separatists, but the Jedi Order chose not to become actively involved in the fighting on Onderon. Instead, they sent a team of advisors—Generals Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, Commander Ahsoka Tano, and Clone Captain CT-7567 ("Rex")—to train the Onderonian fighters. The Jedi and Captain Rex taught them proper techniques and strategies for taking on the battle droid army, and, through their efforts, the rebels began to turn the tide. Gerrera came to resent that the rebels chose Steela as their leader, and he was soon captured in an ill-concocted solo effort to rescue the deposed King Ramsis Dendup from the Separatists. They were both rescued by the rebels, who eventually mounted a final battle against the Separatists. Through their efforts, the rebels liberated their world and returned Dendup to the throne. The fight, however, came at a personal cost: Steela was killed during the final battle, and Gerrera was left to mourn his sister—feeling responsible for her death.
At the end of the Clone Wars, the Republic was transformed into the Galactic Empire. Later, Saw brought Galen Erso, Lyra Erso, and Jyn Erso to the uninhabited planet of Lah'mu. When Orson Krennic took Jyn's parents away from her, Saw found her and raised her until she was a young adult. Gerrera fought against the Imperial Military and led a resistance group known as the Partisans, a militant organization that some considered an extremist organization with terrorism tactics. His resistance cell, a continuation of his Onderonian resistance, was one of the first in the group of cells that formed the Rebel Alliance. He was later involved in the early campaigns of the Rebel Alliance, by which time his more-extreme tactics had come to stand in stark contrast with those of Alliance leaders Bail Organa and Mon Mothma. He eventually based his group on Jedha, where he met Jyn again. When Jedha City was destroyed by the Death Star, Saw told Jyn he was done running and stayed on Jedha, and was killed by the aftermath of the blast.
Kenshiro (Ken for short) is the main character of the Hokuto no Ken manga, anime and related media. He is the 64th successor of the Hokuto Shinken style and considered one of the greatest successors in its 1,800 year history. Kenshiro was originally an orphan from Taiseiden, Shura and a descendent of the Hokuto Sōke bloodline. He was sent to the mainland by Jukei as a baby to be adopted by Ryuken, master of Hokuto Shinken. Ryuken named him after his older brother Kenshirō Kasumi, since they shared the same Big Dipper-shaped birthmark on their heads.
Kenshiro watched his adoptive brothers train in the art of Hokuto Shinken and decided to join them in the fight to become Ryuken's successor. Despite being younger and more naive than his older brothers, Kenshiro was a promising student who ultimately earned the title of successor. His famous catchphrase You're already dead! (お前はもう死んでいる Omae wa mou shindeiru!?) is delivered to many an opponent he has killed before they even know it.
Alucard is one of the main protagonists in the Hellsing series created by Kouta Hirano. He is the most powerful weapon of the Hellsing Organization which works against vampires and other such supernatural forces. Alucard is no mere vampire; it has been implied that he is the most powerful vampire alive and may be the most powerful character in the series, rivaled only by The Captain and Alexander Anderson. In the English dub of both series, he is voiced by Crispin Freeman.
Alucard fights with ferocity, and often, extreme cruelty, rarely shooting to kill until his target has been completely disabled and humiliated. However, he does seem to have some small shred of humanity left in him, as he is still capable of shedding tears, taken by Alexander Anderson to mean that he is not completely lost. As he is essentially immortal and invulnerable, Alucard is very egotistical. He freely taunts and belittles his opponents, often allowing them to inflict seemingly fatal wounds before healing himself and counterattacking.
One of his favorite methods of fighting is to allow himself to be blown to shreds before simply flowing back together. An example is shown in volume 2 when Alucard fights Luke Valentine. When Luke gains an advantage over Alucard, victory seems within his grasp. The tides turn when Alucard transforms a part of himself into a hellhound. Alucard then shoots off a part of Luke's leg before telling him to regenerate them, pick up his gun, and fight back. When Luke fails to do so, Alucard devours Luke, declaring him as little more than dog food.
However, even with his incredible powers, it is possible to take Alucard by surprise, usually because of his arrogance. In his first meeting with Alexander Anderson, he assumed he had easily killed Anderson with a single bullet but was caught off guard when Anderson regenerated. Alucard also expressed deep disappointment that Luke was not a more worthy adversary. In the anime, he seemed concerned with finding a worthy opponent. In the manga, however, Alucard states that he wishes to find an opponent, a human opponent, with sufficient willpower to destroy him despite his strength.
ZephyrZ, also known as "Black Arm" Zephyr, was the leader of the Neo Marines and the main antagonist of One Piece Film: Z. He was once a Marine admiral and instructor before his resignation.
Zephyr once believed in the Marine's justice and became an Admiral after serving as a soldier in the navy. When Zephyr's wife and son were killed by a pirate who resented him, Zephyr became an instructor. One day, most of Zephyr's recruits were killed and Zephyr lost his arm after being attacked by a pirate with Devil Fruit powers. Zephyr acquired a weapon developed by the navy's scientist to defeat Devil Fruit users and organized a strike unit. However, when the pirate who attacked him was chosen to serve as a Warlord, Zephyr left the Marine, organizing the Neo Marines as a result.
Back on Dock Island, Kuzan reveals that Zephyr is targeting the three volcanic islands known as End Points. If all three islands erupt in a short period of time of each other, it would result in a giant eruption covering the world's oceans and killing everyone in them. The Straw Hats confront the Neo Marines on the third End Point and are victorious. Kizaru and the Marine soldiers confront Zephyr and the Straw Hats but the ex-Admiral allows the Neo Marines, Kuzan and the Straw Hats to escape the island. As Zephyr fights to his death and Ain and Binz mourn their loss.
Ragna the Bloodedge
Ragna the Bloodedge was the main protagonist of BlazBlue (from Calamity Trigger until Central Fiction) and the older brother of Jin Kisaragi and Saya. He was a wanted criminal with an extraordinarily large bounty on his head (well in the trillions) for attempting to destroy the Novus Orbis Librarium.
Ragna is sardonic, rude, and abrasive to anyone he comes across. He is also quick to anger, stubborn, and never misses a chance to use as much vulgar language as possible; in fact, he is depicted as one of three characters to use the most amounts of profanity, alongside Kokonoe and Yuuki Terumi. In this regard, Ragna is similar to the stereotypical anime delinquent. This is caused mainly by Terumi destroying Ragna's life, which has created a mass of hatred in him; stronger than that of any other individual. Ragna often becomes infuriated at first sight of Terumi, which he often takes advantage of through taunting him. However, even in cases where he can't win or is on the brink of death, Ragna possesses an undying will and refuses to give up, something many characters hate or admire.
Beneath his gruff exterior, however, Ragna does possess a softer, much more compassionate side. He chooses to keep up his public front because of the path he chose - that of revenge. He does genuinely care for certain people, such as Taokaka, Noel and Jubei. He spared Arakune's life due to Litchi's pleas, and in his Arcade Mode, he directly references his promise to Litchi to let him live after he defeats him. Also, despite Jin's role in the destruction of his life, still cares for him as a brother. He also expressed anguish when Nu sacrificed her life to protect him, despite the past animosity he harbored for her.
Later on after the events of Chronophantasma, Ragna goes through more personal development which changes his opinions about the reasons he fights, which makes him stop relying on the Azure Grimoire and try to fight with his own strength. Due to this, he stops fighting to destroy and for revenge, where he instead decides to fight in order to protect and not lose anymore of his loved ones.
In the anime, Ragna is more rebellious than he is in the games.
Elesis (Elsword) - Crimson Avenger
Elesis, Elsword's big sister and mentor, is a fearsome free knight who carries a great Claymore sword and a playable character in Elsword games as well as a supporting character in Elsword: El Lady animation. With her zeal and remarkable fighting skills, she has found her way through Elrios and back to Ruben, now tougher than ever. She journeys once more to stop the demons in their tracks, in hopes of keeping the continent safe for her beloved brother.
Elesis is Elsword's older sister and sword-fighting mentor. At 16, she had already traveled far to become a better swordfighter. She returns to Ruben to join her brother in training, only to part ways again after enduring a vicious attack from the demons. With a mission to protect Elrios from an absolute demon invasion, Elesis takes on the road once more. This may be the best way to keep her brother and their homeland safe. While she does not know when, Elesis eagerly looks forward to someday reuniting with her beloved brother.
As the Crimson Avenger Class, Elesis was ambushed during the battle against the demons that had conquered Feita, Elesis ended up losing all of the knights under her command and was mortally injured in the process. Going back and forth between life and death, Elesis managed to cling onto life by absorbing the Dark Energy from a Dark El shard that she had confiscated from Amethyst, but.... Due to the Dark Energy she absorbed, Elesis was consumed by a mad desire for vengeance and was reborn as the 'Crimson Avenger', who carried out bloody revenge against the demons. As the Crimson Avenger, she is now consumed by darkness. If her life dangles by a fine thread, it’s not important. All that matters now is vengeance.
Akira Fudo is the human who becomes the eponymous Devilman. Originally passive and weak-willed, per the machinations of his friend Ryo Asuka, he is possessed by the demon hero Amon, gaining the demon's powers and memories while maintaining his human consciousness due to his pure heart. Now a creature with the body of a demon but the mind of a human, Akira swears to protect his former people against the hordes of demons that seek to destroy humanity.
Akira was born as the only son to his parents. Due to his sensitive nature, as a child he was nicknamed the "Fire Alarm of Higashi Elementary" for how much he cried. When his parents leave Japan to work abroad, Akira had to transfer to a new school and is sent to live with his father's friend Kozo Makimura. Akira quickly becomes friends with Kozo's daughter Miki and develops romantic feelings for her. At some point previously, Akira had met Ryo Asuka and became best friends with him before Ryo moved away (this was later revealed to be a fake memory implanted by Psycho Jenny).
Before his initial transformation, Akira was kind and sweet, but cowardly and highly emotional at the same time. Much of the time, he used to cry in most of these situations. Shying out of any conflict or problems had caused those around him to think him as weak. After becoming Devilman however, Akira became much more brave and headstrong, as well as perverse. Because of his originally weak will, his fusion with Amon however caused him to become far more brooding and violent. He was best friends with Ryo Asuka and had been since childhood (although this is later shown only to be implanted memories), he was deeply protective of Ryo. Unknown to him for a long while, Ryo was in love with Akira. However Akira didn't return the feelings of love and instead cared for Miki Makimura who both shared romantic feelings for one another, much to Ryo's frustration.