Furthermore, although MagnaAngemon is the speaker for the essence of "Light" trying to preserve the order of the Digital World, and is usually in the shape of a priest, when the Digital World is shrouded by the essence of "Darkness", MagnaAngemon changes into his Battle Mode (戦闘形態 Sentou Keitai?) and attacks the evil.
In his Battle Mode, MagnaAngemon consigns the opponent to oblivion with the Beam Shield on his left arm and the holy sword Excalibur equipped to his right arm. Also, although MagnaAngemon has a personality replete with gentleness and kindness when he is in Priest Mode (神官形態 Shinkan Keitai?), he takes on an austere personality when he is in Battle Mode.
Legends of the Multi-Universe (Menslady's story)
At first, MagnaAngemon was ridiculed by the other Celestial Angels when they learned of his love for Supergirl. They believed things such as it not being proper for an angel to be in love and that angels needed chastity.
Thankfully, Seraphimon realized how strong love is, and agreed to perform the marriage ceremony. And out of the love of MagnaAngemon and Supergirl, of course, came Angewomon.
MagnaAngemon was heartbroken the day he lost his daughter, and he is more than determined that he will not lose her again.
- Gate of Destiny (Heaven's Gate): Manifests a door to subspace from which there is no return, and consigns the opponent to oblivion through it. The gate can also fire a blast of light, or transport the opponent to another location.
- Excalibur: Draws "Excalibur" from his right arm.
- Magna Antidote (Holy Disinfection): Cures allies of their ailments.
- Soul Vanisher (Soul Banish): Attacks a foe with purifying energy.
- Angel Rod: Attacks with his "Angel Rod".
- Flying Sword of Justice (Flying Sword): Rushes in front with great speed to strike his enemy.
- Shield and Counter (Shield Counter): Blocks an incoming attack and repels it if it is a projectile attack or slashes the attacker if it is a melee strike.
- Magna Jump (Holy Jump)
- Excali-burst: Powers up the Excalibur and then slices the enemy.