Race: Depending On The Incarnation
Group: Children of the Autobots, later Ten Legendary Warriors-United Heroes
Likes: For Japan to be safe from killer monsters
Dislikes: Monsters that threaten the weak and humans who don't understand him
Biggest strength: His variety of powers
Biggest weakness: He's more brawn than brains.
Occupation: Best friend of Angewomon
Quote: "You want to destroy Japan, you gotta get through ME first!"
Godzilla (Japanese: ゴジラ Hepburn: Gojira) (/ /; [ɡoꜜdʑiɾa] is a monster originating from a series of tokusatsu films of the same name from Japan. He first appeared in Ishirō Honda's 1954 film Godzilla and become a worldwide pop culture icon, appearing in media including 29 films produced by Toho, three Hollywood films, and numerous video games, novels, comic books, and television shows. He is often dubbed the "King of the Monsters", a phrase first used in Godzilla, King of the Monsters!, the Americanized version of the original film.
Although some of Godzilla's films present him as a ferocious monster who is considered a punishment on mankind for delving too deeply into knowledge, many of his films (especially much of the Showa era ones) present him as a protector of humanity.
Godzilla has mostly been played by rubber suit performers, the most notable one possibly being the late Haruo Nakajima.
Legends of the Multi-Universe
For a long time, Godzilla was basically the Superman of Japan. It seemed that many monsters took a liking to the Land of the Rising Sun, and were more than a match for the people who lived there. That is when Godzilla came to the rescue and surprisingly defeated every one of the monsters. He seemed invincible.
However, things got different when all of Godzilla's enemies attacked. Godzilla and his friends were way outnumbered, and he was the only survivor. Now he's more than determined to give the evil monsters what's what!
In this story, Godzilla is one of Angewomon's closest friends and can talk with humans.
- Rapid Regeneration - allows Godzilla to heal very quickly
- Atomic Blast - Godzilla fires a blast of atomic energy from his mouth. He can use this to do damage and to propel himself off the ground and fly.
- Aqua Strength - Godzilla draws strength from water.
- Thunder Strength - Godzilla draws strength from electricity.
- Super Jump Kick - Godzilla jumps a long distance and strikes his foe with both of his feet.
- Spiral Ray - Godzilla's most powerful nuclear blast. It is red in color and does more damage than his normal nuclear blast.
- Absorption - Godzilla can absorb radiation.