Whether he was born from the fires of Unicron himself, or was an ancient Transformer warlord, or something else altogether, one thing is always certain: Galvatron is a focal point of power and madness given form. He is blind to all but his lust for power; his whims and desires can be sacrificed in a moment's rage. Not even his own subordinates are safe. Though he is not beyond the capacity for long-term goals, it is his unpredictability and his casual disregard for any and all life that strike such horror in friend and foe alike. Truly, the Decepticon leader is without any sense of empathy.
In most universes, Galvatron was once Megatron, but was reborn from his death throes in a Faustian pact with Unicron. He retains the memories and spark of Megatron, but his personality was significantly altered after the near-death experience, massive physical upgrade, and reprogramming; just ask Starscream about the difference. And all that was before he went insane. The cause and extent of Galvatron's madness varies between different timelines, as does his physical power. Sometimes he's all but invincible.
He has been voiced by David Kaye and Frank Welker, just to name a couple.
Legends of the Multi-Universe (Menslady's story)
After infusing the Black Crystal of the Decepticons, which carried the powers of Unicron and Jack of Blades, to himself, Megatron was transformed into his powered-up identity: Galvatron. At this point, he is more determined than ever to capture the Angels, get Myotismon back on his side, destroy Disney, and take control of the universe.
At present, Galvatron seems to have been successful in his plans by taking Myotismon and Angewomon, but stooping to a SERIOUSLY new low by disguising himself as Emperor X's deceased father and then abducting the Angels. Can the Children of the Autobots save them or will he destroy them all?
The Chaotic Wars
Galvatron revealed himself to be a Warrior of Harmony and aided Myotismon and Menslady in a battle against Machinedramon and some other Digimon. Sadly, he was badly injured in battle and murdered by Emperor Mateus. His loss inflicted great emotional pain on both Myotismon and Menslady, since he loved them as if they were truly his own offspring.
However, at the end of season 4, it was shown that he had returned. At the start of season 5, it was revealed that he faked his death. No doubt Myotismon is very happy, but it is not clear yet as to how Menslady/Angewomon is feeling.
The Protectors of the Multi-Universe
Galvatron has returned with the other revived villains and is determined to have revenge on the Angels and take control of the Multi-Universe. Hera fearfully suggested that she could rule at his side, but Galvatron would NOT have that! Instead, he revealed that he had taken a liking to Morgana...and devoured Hera's soul!
However, Galvatron has said that Morgana will be ONE of his queens. It does not take a genius to figure out whom he intends to take as another!
As usual, he has crossed the moral event horizon...this time by capturing friends of the Autobots, Angels and Protectors unless they surrender to him. He also has plans for killing said friends...even his offspring, RedFlame and Majingirl!
But that is not all. He has taken Walt Disney and a ton of the Children of the Autobots and placed them in crystal prisons in order to absorb their powers, then let them recover...only to drain them again!
- Fires of Hell - summons fire of the Realm of the Condemned
- Dark Blade - Galvatron attacks a foe with a glowing lance
- Infernal Nightmare - summons a great inferno in the form of a fiery demon
- Freezing Destruction - summons a great ice storm of divine power. It is said that even fire cannot stand up to it.
- Shadow Drain - drains an opponent or item of whatever special power/powers he/she/it possesses and transfers them to Galvatron
- Dark Blade Deflection - Galvatron spins his lance around quickly and uses it to deflect attacks
- Shadow Wave Snare - summons a strong wave of dark energy to capture and damage the opponent
- Evolution Transformation - Galvatron's basic weaponry gets a HUGE boost
- Blade of Damnation - Galvatron sends out a very strong wave from his lance which takes the form of a demon skull
- Demonic Inferno - summons a huge wave of dark fire which takes on the form of a demon skull
- Dual Magma Stream - Galvatron takes the form of a two-headed dragon and spits a blast of hell fire from each mouth
- Divine Breath of Doom - Galvatron spits out a powerful wave of black, dark-elemental energy which does great damage
- Venom of Corruption - summons an extremely dangerous poison that makes an opponent suffer greater the worse the effect gets. At the final stage, the victim becomes a slave to Galvatron's will for good. This poison can only be cured by good Cybertronian deities.
- Soul Steal - Galvatron can use this to either drain opponents of their physical health which he absorbs or to draw victims' souls out of their bodies which he then swallows.
- Dark Divine Laser Barrage - summons a powerful wave of dark lasers of evil divine power
- Hell's Perfect Infernal Wrath - Galvatron's strongest and deadliest hell fire attack