|Spoiler Alert: This article/section contains details about future plotlines of LOTM: Sword of Kings described. Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled. |
"Maria never expected to see a solider of the same army that invaded Earth to show such honor, such selflessness. They were all butchers, bullies, and she had no doubts that the Armored Squadron had killed their fair share of innocents. There final moments always portrayed them as cowards when facing a more dangerous threat. In that man, Matt Butcher, she did not see a monster. She saw a warrior led by honor and driven by valor. It was a trait even Coole Astaroth seemed to recognize. All he wants is to die fighting to have a honorable death and free him from that nightmare."
Black Raven, also known by his original name as Matt Butcher, is one of the primary antagonists appearing in LOTM: Los Reina de Corazónes (also its true main and final antagonist) as one of Ara Astaroth's generals of Astaroth Empire and high-officer of the Revelation of Qliphoth acting as a Inquisitor of Ara. Black Raven was a high-ranking general of the Astaroth Empire responsible for its military operations to expand the lands and worlds of Astaroth Empire and take down the rebellion of the Alliance, a rebel cell that was against the reign of Astaroth and has authority all over the armed forces of Astaroth Empire. Raven is the dark, powerful, and extremely obsessive master of the Knights of Astaroth at the times of Rise of Qliphoth era, as well as the co-founder & second-in-command of the Astaroth Inquisitors.
Black Raven was born 660 years after the Rise of Qliphoth era. 659 years ago, Matt Butcher was brutally killed by Ara Astaroth and Vira when the two decided to put an end to the Catholic Rebels. Matt was killed in front of Maria Arzonia and all his friends during the Blackest Night, the event where the Astaroth Empire was born, and had his heart ripped off by Ara, whom she guarded it to use it in some special occasion. Centuries after his death, the Alliance was created and started countless attacks at the bases and facilities of Astaroth Empire across billions of universes and expanded their forces and influence. To deal with the threat, Ara revived Matt as a Black Demon, now know as Black Raven. Raven was put in charge of Ara's Royal Army and dealt with them with fire and brutality while slaughtering billions of people on the way.
For the most two decades after his turn to the dark side, the various rebel groups who opposed the tyrannical rule of the Astaroth Empire had finally united to form the Alliance and destroyed the E.N.D., a superweapon that was meant to cement the Ara's supreme rule over the omniverse. Fourteen years after, Ara sensed a new threat that could rise against her; the children of the Light, which were people with divine powers able to overthrow her, one of them was the Future Maria, the solo survivor of the Catholic Rebels and La Nueva Familia de Arzonia. Just then, after decades working Ara's General, Black Raven discovered the existence of his past friend that lived over the centuries seeing the chaos, death and destruction caused by the reign of Astaroth.
Despite working with Ara as her Inquisitor and General, Black Raven still has memories of his past as a human and was being forced to kill people thanks to the Blackness inside of him that turned him responsible for the death of billions of people in the north worlds of the omniverse, being responsible for several conflicts, wars and deaths. To free himself from that nightmare, Black Raven has been searching for strong opponents able to kill him in a glorious battle to die like a true warrior in the battlefield, so he can live in peace after being forced to fight for Ara for decades.
Design and Appearance
Like many members of Revelation of Qliphoth, Black Raven had two appearances as candidates. In the first appearance of Raven's character, his hair is much longer and has a red streak on the right side. He wears a sleeveless black trench coat, black gloves, a black belt, black pants and black armored knee boots.
In the second appearance, Raven's appearance changed drastically as it was more pushed to his old design. The second appearance is exactly the same of his original one, but all his clothes are black. He also has red glowing eyes and his hair is dark violet.
All personal information of Raven, such as her hobbies, her favorite things, etc
- Favorite colors:
- Favorite foods:
- Nothing as he does not need to eat and thinks he does not deserve to taste life
- Favorite cloths:
- Black coat to represent the blackness inside of him
- Favorite hobbies:
- Training to increase his strength, searching for strong opponents in different planets, being along to remind of his past life with his friends and loved ones, sleeping in a coffin
- Favorite allies:
- None, he consider all his allies nothing but trash as they all are bloody monsters
- Favorite enemies:
- All strong opponents who can give him a true match
- Fighting, battles, wars, military strategies, sleeping and crying
- Weaklings who cannot even fight, cowards who run from the fight, narcissist who brag themselves as powerful
- Political types:
- Favorite musics:
- Consider the silence of night the best music to his ears
- 2,029 years old
- Hated allies:
- All his allies from Astaroth Empire
- Hated enemies:
- All people who are weak and cowards
PersonalityBlack Raven is a sadist who lacks empathy for mortal people of whom he deems weak and cowards as they always run from him and his forces instead of fighting for survival. He enjoys putting his enemies through great pain, both physically and emotionally and has no qualms about killing innocent people to get what he wants, and rationalizes his behavior with Carl Robinson's creed. Raven is known to treat his subordinates well, letting them do as they please, which in turn inspires their intense loyalty and devotion; this makes his followers the strongest offensive force of the Empire as they do their best to serve Raven. To his credit, Raven has demonstrated genuine care for hid subordinates - the strongest ones - and often gives them vacation.
Raven loves to fight and holds special respect for strong opponents, which he shows when he openly recognizes Future Maria as a warrior rather than a simple naive spirit. His love of battle has occasionally inspired him to take actions that would incite more hatred against the Astaroth Empire, in the hopes of being able to put down more rebellions and find more opponents to fight in order to die by their hands. He has even stated that should the empire fall, he would simply start a war himself to satisfy his need for bloodshed and fights. Despite his reputation, Raven possesses great charisma, able to inspire many to fight for him by showing great leadership, determination and nice speeches of strength.Although he is unabashedly bloodthirsty, he keeps it from from dominating his judgment. If he sees that the battle is too much for his soldiers, he orders a retreat and doesn't risk heavy losses. While he will torture subordinates who fail, he can be forgiving to failed servitors, provided that they aren't complete failures, and gives them the benefit of the doubt if the failure wasn't their fault. However, during the final battle against the Astaroth Empire and the remaining Alliance members, it becomes clear that beneath that facade of a charismatic military officer is a person of pure evil and bloodlust. This is proven when he uses his real trump card to cover the Empire in a Russian Winter. Such a technique puts Raven's subordinates, as well as their families, at risk. His response of not caring with a cold smile on her face, and once again rationalizing it with her belief of social Darwinism, shows his cruelty and depravity. But this is however, caused by the great climax of his battle against Maria, that turns him in a psychotic blood knight that thinks nothing more than blood and destruction.
Through the story, Raven showed to be total polar opposite of the past Matt Butcher, as he lacks all his humorous personality and became a cruel and cold person with thinks nothing more than fight and battle strong opponents while killing millions on his path to find the perfect opponent.
Probably the only high-member of Astaroth Empire that shows no signs of insanity or create chaos for mere fun, the demonic futuristic version of Matt Butcher, Black Raven, is a High-Class Black Demon that was killed by Ara Astaroth in the past and years later was revived by the former with the solo purpose of commanding her immense army that needed leadership and expand their territories to control the rebellions rising against Astaroth Empire's reign. Black Raven, despite showing a sociopath behavior, is the only Black Demon of the entire existence to show honor and shows no signal of a homicidal maniac who kills people for mere fun. Raven is a nihilistic warrior that seeks for his death in the battlefield and is willing to commit all kinds of atrocities (with exception of rape, child-murdering and murder of parents(what many demons from Astaroth Empire are willing to do)) and to find his honorable opponent who will ends his life in a glorious battle to find the perfect death and have peace in other life with his deceased friends that were killed by Ara on the past. Raven, knowing that he was being controlled by Ara, decided to become a monster in the eyes of trillions to call the attention of strong enemies to end his life for all his crimes he did while Ara was controlling him, thinking that he deserves to die by a mortal who suffered in his hands. Raven, unlike many generals like Vira, show respect for strong enemies and always memorize their names after the battle, and at the same time, refuses to kill innocent people who are willing to fight, as he finds them interesting people will get stronger through the hatred he caused. Despite countless of his speeches that the weak deserves to die, he always hesitates in killing children, no matter if they're fighter or not, what results in Ara getting mad at him and punish him for his soft-hearted behavior, however, no matter how many tortures he suffers, he refuses to break his moral code unless he is facing a powerful enemy that called his attention. Raven is de-facto the most sympathetic Black Demon of Ara's army and serves as the counterpart of Vira, who was born as the demonic version of Eugen Katsuragi, however, despite being a person who had killed people before his death, Raven showed no weakness and didn't succumb to his insanity.
Death by the hands of Astaroth
Revival as a Black Demon
|LOTM: Sword of Kings AA - Raizen School Arc|
|Mana Takamiya (without Wizard powers)||100|
|La Folia Rihavein||40|
|Eckidina KnightWalker||6,000,000 (after Rise of Blue Haired Heroine)|
|Katarina Couteau (Rage mode)||90,000|
|LOTM: Sword of Kings AA Final - Eckidina Arc|
|The Fallen's Shadow||90,000,000|
|Kanon Rihavein (as human)||5|
|Kanon Rihavein (as Angel)||200,000,000|
|Katarina Couteau (Form 2 - Rage mode)||250,000,000|
|Emperor Tathagata Killer||166,000,000|
|La Folia Rihavein (Cyborg)||950,000|
|Mana Takamiya (Wizard)||100,000,000|
|The Fallen's Shadow (Dragon form)||90,000,000|
|Aryana Westcott (full power)||970,000,000,000,000,000,000,000|
|Diabla the Qliphoth Tyrant (with Zenkai burst)||500,000,000|
|Madness (with Zenkai burst)||5,000,000|
|Demonio (with Zenkai burst)||400,000,000|
|Diabla the Qliphoth Tyrant (Bodiless form)||100,000,000,000,000,000|
|Sephiria Arks KnightWalker (as Magician)||90,000,000|
|Lucy Sheev KnightWalker||1,000|
|Eckidina KnightWalker (fused with LN-666 Project)||200,000,000|
Abilities & Skills
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of energy.
- Energy Blast – The most basic form of energy wave. He can also fire continuous blasts from his fingers.
- Concealed Mastery – An ability that allows him to move around undetected.
- Nova Star/10x Cannon-like attack – Raven uses this red energy attack to create a powerful cannon of energy made of blood. This cannon has the ability to wipe out a town on the size of New York and Los Angeles.
- Trap Shooter – A volley of dense energy blasts.
- Blackness Control -- Despite not being a Nosferatus, Raven can control a small piece of the Blackness and create many subjects with it, such as creating weapons made of dark energy and even Angel wings that allows him to fly without using Flight and can summon shields made of black energy.
- Blazing Storm – A variation of the Exploding Wave used by Raven, this ability creates a storm made of blades of energy, cutting enemies in half and in thousands of pieces
- Gigantic Blaze – Another variation of the Exploding Wave, used by Raven to create a tsunami of liquid acid energy.
- Eye Lasers – A thin laser-like beam shot from both eyes.
- Explosive Wave – A wave of energy that explodes on the air and burns everything around in magma
- Mystic Breath – Raven creates a storm made of his own breath.
- Regeneration – Raven is capable of regenerating his limbs, even his own head if cut off.
- Aftershock -- Raven slowly pock his enemy's forehead with a finger and seconds later, the head of the enemy explodes.
- Dragon Thunder -- Raven creates a thunder of red lightning in an extensive area of 90 kilometers and can control thousands of lightnings and choosing where they will hit.
- Electric Slime -- Raven converts into electric slime, but without using electricity. It is unknown if he can absorb electricity to grow stronger, or if water can short it out. Using this, he is able to completely reform himself.
- Heat Armor -- Raven envelops himself in high temperature to block attacks and burn his opponents at the same time.
- Whirlwind Blade -- One of Raven's super attacks, allowing its user to blast foes into the sky with a massive hurricane. Omega uses a red colored version of this attack. Strangely, his attack seems to lack the cutting power of Raven's attack.
- Darkblood -- Can suck and create a river of blood using the blood of all fallen warriors in the battlefield around him to create a tsunami of blood.
- Super Ice Ray -- Raven can freeze any living being in his sight.
- Whirlwind Spin -- Raven disappears on the middle of the battle and appears behind his enemies and throw millions of punches at their backs in less than 5 seconds, leaving them in pieces.
Black Raven, unlike many Black Demons, is the only demon who has an unique transformation that advances directly to the power of the Pure-Blooded Devils, giving him access to the power of Gods with just one transformation.
The form of Raven is called as Angel of Qliphoth or Camael. This form, like the transformations of Devils counterpart, provides Black Raven with precise energy control, needed to properly use the form, unlike its Devil counterpart, the energy control of Angel is so precise and efficient, again due to Black's status as a true demon, that this allowed him to create various weapons of energy at will, and unlike it, which needed additional training to fully master it, this form does not display any sort of stamina as Black Raven is shown using the form as much as he wants with no drawbacks, possibly because he already mastered the Blackness' power and also because he is a human reborn as a Black Demon, meaning he was born as Pure Black Demon, and all he needs to do is keep increasing his power in this form.
Ara's rating determined by the CIS Productions. From 0 to 1000.
Sword of Belphegor
The weapon used by Raven is an ancient artifact of the past created by the legendary demonic figure, Belphegor, known as the Demon of the Sloth. When Raven became a demon, he went to Qliphoth to find his nature and place in Ara's army and the tree of death gave him the Sword of Belphegor, which is a sword able to cut through any Divine Powers and beings and is able to cut even Supreme Gods that have the power to create and destroy universes.
The sword, after being taken by Raven, entered in his body and became one with his soul, meaning it was now one with him and can summon any time he wishes. As well, the sword has no permanent form and can have many appearances depending on the power level of the user. If the user is weak with less tan 5,000 of power level, the sword will immediately devour him, leading him to his death and having his soul eaten by the sword. People with power level above that 100,000 of power level will immediately tame the sword and can create many swords with it, the weapon changes its format according to the will of the user and can even become a small knife of kitchen if the user wishes, allowing the sword to have many sizes and shapes.
- To destroy the Alliance and end the riots across Astaroth Empire;
- Wipe out the human race from Prime Earth to please Ara Astaroth;
- End the lives of all rebels who oppose the Astaroth Empire's rule;
- Enforce the defenses of the Capital;
- Destroy the remnants Gods and Angels of the Multi-Universe;
- Continue to sent the remnants of DEM Empire and Sith Empire to work camps;
- Kill Maria Arzonia;
- Become the strongest warrior alive;
- Find a strong mortal opponent to kill him;
- To find his deceased friends in another life where they can live in peace
- "What I seek is destruction and domination. I don't care about anything else. I'm only interested in how much I can dance in the pit of Hell when it's all over... see you there one day."
- "What's wrong with me? There's something wrong with you! How can you be so strong and not love fighting?! Revel in it... the death and the pain!! Those are the rewards of battle!!!"
- "I don't recall joining your group. And I don't care what you plan to do. All I want is to fight someone strong. Is there someone like that right now?"
- "There is no meaning in this world. I seek naught but blood and carnage."
- "I lick up war like it was sugar."
- "You see, Maria, I always thought I loved animals. Then I discovered that I enjoyed killing people even more."
- "For us, Black Demons, there is no other life but war."
- "War. At last."
- "War is honest. There's no lying to it. You don't have to say sorry here. Don't have to hide. You cannot. If you die? So what? You die among friends. Among worthy foes. You die looking the Great Leveler in the eye. If you live? Well, lad that's living, isn't it? A man isn't truly alive until he's facing death. I love war! ARZONIA!"
- "What do you think a knight is for, girl? You think it's all taking favors from ladies and looking fine in a gold plate? Knights are for killing. I've lost count of how many I've killed since then. High lords with old names, fat rich men dressed in velvet, knights puffed up like bladders with their honors, yes, and women and elderly, too — they're all meat, and I'm the butcher. Let them have their lands and their gods and their gold. Let them have their seers."
- "All I want is to fight... until even my marrow turns into dust."
- "It's been too long since I had a good fight! This is glorious!"
- "Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight."
- "His is the fury of the wildfire, the boiling blood of the volcano. He fights you not because you've wronged him, but because you're there."
- "The perfect weapon does not need its master's will to drive it to further carnage. The perfect warrior does not need a reason to kill, does not need a cause to follow. The perfect commander does not heed such petty distinctions as victory and defeat. Kill, for killing's sake. Destroy, for destruction's sake."
- "Victory? What use is victory? Let me have a battle of annihilation! Ara Astaroth!"
- "There's something rather comforting about facing death like this, wouldn't you agree? It's all that matters, nothing else even seems to exist - outside my pure instinct to survive. Rank. Personal history, and birth. Race. Sex. The name given to you... it's all meaningless. This is the only thing that's real. To fight on behalf of my own life and nothing else. I've never felt so complete. (laughs) I guess you could say I've finally arrived."
- "There is no meaning in this world. I seek naught but blood and carnage. I desire nothing more than that... The only thing I have in my path is the blackness; the will to destroy EVERYTHING!"
Quotes about Raven
- "He don't fight for good, and I don't fight for evil. He just fight!" - Ara Astaroth
- "Ah, Raven... You're a beast. You're bound to no country. You care nothing for friend or foe. Kill a man or woman. You live for nothing more, you wretched beast. That's your strength. That's what makes you stronger than any man alive. A beast acts without remorse. Man's morality cannot win. It's nature's way..." - Maria Arzonia
- "Hmm? Does he need a reason? He's here because he is a soldier, much like yourself. War is his profession, murder our currency." - Abyss Zurg
- "Raven is known for his calm, some might say terrifying, lack of emotions. He was born to destroy so he simply does, Raven dispatched 16 men without a grimace or a snarl. If he hadn't been punching their heads into comas, you would have no idea that he meant the men harm. Glorious violence was only a side effect of the talent given to him by Astaroth." - B1-Killer Kampftdroide Unit-CM 130
- Black Raven is the third heroic character to become a Black Demon and an antagonist, with first being Eugen Katsuragi becoming Vira and the second Katarina Couteau becoming Elesis Du Tirial.
- Through the story, Raven works like the Enforcer of Astaroth Empire, he is summoned when the regular troops cannot take care of the a problem.
- Despite being called as "Raven", his symbol and representation is a Jackdown.
- Raven serves as the evil counterpart of Future Maria, serving almost as the evil twin of Maria.
- Unlike some other Astaroth Future counterparts of WoSH characters like Ravenborn (Selina Strawberry), Future Maria (Maria Arzonia), Icy Grape (Gregory Grape) and the Mask of Astaroth, Black Raven never made a revival in LOTM: Star Spangled Crown.
- In Anti-Christ Saga, however, Matt was almost drove into the Black Raven when Michael shouted "Now it's your turn, Black Raven!" to Matt, before Maria attacked him to save Matt, at the cost of Future Maria's reawakening, leaving nothing on Matt to be exploit by other main villains from the United Kingdom of America, including Jasmine Porcelain or Guinevere Arzonia. If Maria didn't save Matt, Matt will fully become Black Raven once again because of Sorensen Crystal.
Michael MorbiusMorbius, the Living Vampire, a scientist named Dr. Michael Morbius PhD, MD, is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by writer Roy Thomas and originally designed by penciler Gil Kane, the character first appeared as an antagonist in The Amazing Spider-Man #101 (Oct. 1971).
Despite his initial status as one of Spider-Man's horror-based rogues, Morbius went on to become a brooding and gritty, albeit heroic and tragically flawed anti-hero in his own series and other titles. Morbius' true identity is that of a former award-winning biochemist named: Michael Morbius, who is imbued with vampiric superhuman abilities and physical traits stemming from a failed biochemical experiment, which was intended to cure his rare blood disorder, as opposed to supernatural means, with the rest of his appearances featuring his struggles with his inhuman-like vampiric persona, his insatiable lust for human blood, and his subsequent efforts to cure his horrific condition, along with his eventual stint as a brutal and nightmarish vigilante. The character has appeared in various animated shows and video games.
Born and raised in Greece by a single mother, Michael Morbius had an isolated childhood, due to his rare blood condition, which contributed to his ugly and unpleasant-looking appearance. But despite his looks, he was an intellectually-gifted young man, who spent his time reading books, and in time, became a highly-respected and Nobel Prize-winning biologist, who specialized in the field of human and animal biology. While being in New York, after escaping from his original country due to his vampiric condition, attempts to find a cure, and to protect his fiancee: Martine Bancroft, he was attacked by the Lizard and defeated when Spider-Man and the Lizard fought against him to recover a sample of Morbius' blood in order to cure their own mutated physical conditions, before he disappeared.
The truth behind his horrific condition is that in order to cure his decaying blood condition, Morbius, using his past experience as an expert biochemist, had attempted to cure himself of his blood disease with an experimental treatment involving vampire bat DNA and electroshock therapy. However, he instead became afflicted with a far worse condition, "pseudo-vampirism," that mimicked the powers and bloodthirst of legendary vampirism. Morbius now had to digest blood in order to survive and had a strong aversion to light. He gained the ability to fly, as well as superhuman strength, speed, and healing abilities. His appearance, already ugly, became hideous—-his canine teeth extended into fangs, his nose flattened to appear more like a bat's, and his skin became chalk-white. He also gained the ability to turn others into similar "living vampires" by biting them, infecting them with the disease of pseudo-vampirism. He later sought a cure for his condition, but battled Spider-Man, the Human Torch, and the original X-Men.
Jared Leto will portray the character in a live-action film adaptation set to be part of Sony's Marvel Universe.
General EsdeathGeneral Esdeath is one of the main antagonists in the manga and anime series Akame Ga Kill!. She is a high-ranking general of the Empire, she is also one of the powerful generals of the Empire due her Teigu. Esdeath was responsible for the death of millions of people in the north of the country, being responsible for several conflicts, wars and deaths in the north of the country on account of the rebellion against the Empire. She is the villain with the largest number of horrible atrocities in Akame Ga Kill!, after Prime Minister Honest himself. She is also the leader of the Jaegers.
DeathstrokeDeathstroke is a supervillain from DC comics and one of the world's deadliest assassins, he is also known by the full title of Deathstroke the Terminator and was indeed originally named simply "Terminator" - though Deathstroke was added soon after.
His real name is Slade and it was this name that was used to base the main villain of the cartoon series Teen Titans (although as stated above despite sharing a common name they are different villains). His name in the comic books, Deathstroke was not accepted to be what he would be called in the animated 2003 television series, so he is only called Slade.
During her childhood she was trained by Zeke Yeager into Marley's service along with Reiner Braun, Bertolt Hoover, Marcel Galliard, Porco Galliard, and Pieck. All of them grew in Liberio, the so called "hometown", and were locked in an internment zone, one of the ghettos where the Eldians of Marley live.
Annie is considered to be an isolated, glamorous, and exclusionary type; friendships do not come to her easily. She is rarely seen smiling and often has an emotionless expression. She is lazy, indolent, unresponsive, apathetic, callous, lethargic, dispassionate, quiescent, wimpy, and somnolent, with little desire to put in any effort into meaningless disciplines or activities, and instead focuses exclusively on making it into the Military Police Brigade to obtain an easy life. Yet, she somehow does seem to hold a strange fascination and even feelings of respect towards people that have a deep sense of duty and righteousness - in those people who do care and who can devote their lives and even die for causes they believe in.
Despite Annie's usually cold, ruthless, bloodthirsty, unpleasant, violent, and calm demeanor, she is shown to emote her feelings in various ways. She was clearly vituperative and angered when Reiner teased her about her constant avoidance in hand-to-hand combat training. Despite her seeming callousness, she has expressed a level of guilt and shock, most notably when apologizing to a certain corpse after the battle of Trost. Annie is also known to be very enthusiastic, dedicated, and loyal in her mission as a Titan shifter, to the point that she killed many innocent people to reach her goal (also attempting to kill many of her former comrades), and shed tears when she failed to capture Eren. Though she is seemingly indifferent and imperturbable towards her capability as a competent hand-to-hand combat fighter, she remains proud of her skills and even seems to enjoy the very notion of fighting as deduced by Eren. The only time that she is seen as genuinely smiling in a caring, positive, and thoughtful manner is when she expressed a curious interest in teaching Eren how to fight in her unique fighting style.
She is voiced by Yu Shinamura in the Japanese version of the anime and Lauren Landa in the English version.
Arkham KnightThe Arkham Knight is the titular secondary antagonist turned anti-hero of Batman: Arkham Knight. His identity is later revealed to be Jason Todd, whereby he immediately transitions his identity to The Red Hood. He appears as the anti-hero and main protagonist in the Red Hood DLC Story Pack.
The Arkham Knight dons a militaristic version of the bat-suit meant to mock Batman's appearance. The inside of his helmet gives him a heads up display of his troops throughout Gotham and the ears relay his commands to his troops. By using the Arkham symbol on his chest plate he inflicts psychological warfare on Batman reminding him of the past Arkham events. The chest plate also acts as a countermeasure to the Batclaw.
The Arkham Knight seemed vengeful, but patient and calculating as well. He seemed to exploit opportunities as they were presented to him, such as discovering the Joker's diary or taking advantage of Batman's presence at Ace Chemicals to instruct his men to avoid aiming at the armored sections of his suit. He also seemed psychopathic, and displayed no regard for the "weak" that Batman protected, and was contemptuous of the Dark Knight's principles and mercilessly killed those he deemed deserving, such as the second Electrocutioner and remaining members of Joker's gang, in cold blood. When Scarecrow asked him why he hated Batman to such a degree, the Knight coldly responded that he could never understand. However, Jason became an emotional wreck by the time Batman had defeated him, evidently scarred by Joker's physical and emotional torture. This was made clear by several militia soldiers, who claimed that Todd was "crying" and screaming at Batman "like [he] had been going through a divorce" before his redemption.
Owing to his emotional and psychological instability caused by Joker's torture of him, the Arkham Knight also was shown to change his emotions at random. This is best demonstrated during when he unveiled his true identity to Batman, where he calmly and somewhat sarcastically commented he was "hurt" that Batman couldn't give much of a response to his being Jason Todd, only to furiously shout at Batman to not lie to him in an erratic manner, then adopt the calm persona shortly afterwards when making clear he intends to kill Batman. This display of emotion drove him to realize his mentor's efforts to rescue him, a favor he returned by assisting Bruce in defeating Scarecrow. While he continued to ruthlessly kill criminals as the Red Hood, Todd was ultimately driven by justice.